Dub Haus Build Thread

DubHaus

Indium Grey T6.1 T32 Highline Kombi - WIP
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All

Took the plunge and today the Indium Grey T32 Highline arrived. One year old next week, 9000 on the clock and fairly tidy

4B34D244-B852-49C2-B53F-5457488C8353.jpeg

E6080131-DE62-4F17-9A86-E6DF91F5F6EB.jpeg

ED836E2B-B390-46D4-AD9F-16451F0C8247.jpeg

She’s got two captains chairs with arm rests up front and a 2+1 in the rear. She’s had the roof rails, side bars and 30mm springs added by the dealer.

Planned improvements are…
ABT genuine front splitter
Genuine rear spoiler
✅ Wolfrace Eurosport Munich Gloss Black 18x8.5
✅ Goodyear 255/45R18 103xl
Direct TPMS
✅ Genuine LED headlamps
✅ Genuine LED Taillights
✅ Genuine Highline rear camera
3 Stage sound insulation and deadening in the back
Sound deadening in the front - looking at options
Sound upgrade - still looking into options
and some sort of temp bed set up to sleep on

All depending on time OR money!

and later on….
Tow bar + Tow assist
Park Assist
Side Assist

VCDS Tweaks:
Teardrop for the rear wiper ✅
Driver heated seat memory ✅
Passenger heated seat memory ✅
Comfort blinker increased from 3 to 5 ✅
Mirrors fold on lock ✅

Last edited:
lovely van and welcome, definitely the best colour!
just a watch it on the dealer fit roof rails, they have a tendancy to leak, luckily its an easy fix as per this thread. hopefully they dont but something to look out for!

lovely van and welcome, definitely the best colour!
just a watch it on the dealer fit roof rails, they have a tendancy to leak, luckily its an easy fix as per this thread. hopefully they dont but something to look out for!

Many thanks hopefully won’t leak as bad as the Splitscreen! That’s like a collander

080DFEC0-AF73-4AC1-8544-B47C25BDCAD9.jpeg
First mod
Wolfrace Eurosport Munich 18x8.5 (waiting for 15mm spacers for the rear) Goodyear 255/45R18 and TPMS valves for one of the next mods.

Happy :)

Last edited:
Hi @DubHaus, how did the upgrade to genuine LED front lights go?

I'd love to add these to my van but was under the impression that the van wiring loom was different in an LED spec'd van and therefore I would have to go down the aftermarket route such as TransporterHQ (which are nice but I still prefer the VW ones). If you've found a work around that would be amazing?

And keep up the build photos, we all love more van photos! :thumbsup:

Any suspension work panned..?

Was top of my list of things to do.
@Adscan I’ve got the stock 30mm Genuine VW Sportline springs dealer fitted, rides well but thinking maybe a shock upgrade to Koni’s and maybe another 10mm lower, but need to start saving

I'd love to add these to my van but was under the impression that the van wiring loom was different in an LED spec'd van and therefore I would have to go down the aftermarket route such as TransporterHQ (which are nice but I still prefer the VW ones). If you've found a work around that would be amazing?

Hi @Mule yep, the guys at professional retrofits will retro fit genuine LED Headlights with the level sensors on both axles, convert the wiring with genuine parts all from TPS (I saw mine delivered) and code in using ODIS. All work guaranteed for 2 years. Not cheap, but genuine parts and VW guarantee! Look f***ing awesome and they’re amazing headlights, really bright.

These guys fitted my cruise control and tow bar - really impressed with their work. Tidy wiring, looked after me on the day, showed me how everything worked and no faults since. Can recommend Professional Retrofits.
@Lubrown Yep, very impressed with the workmanship and attention to detail. Mike is a perfectionist :)

No photos today, but I did manage to get my updated VCDS cable plugged in and tweaked a few items.

Teardrop for the rear wiper ✅
Driver heated seat memory ✅
Passenger heated seat memory ✅

Professional Retrofits tweaked the following earlier in the week:
Comfort blinker increased from 3 to 5 ✅
Mirrors fold on lock ✅

I have retrofitted LED headlights on a 6.1 and happy to discuss if you want to DIY it !

Stage 2 insulation on roof and upper sides, sliding door and OS front panel

8B3B521A-6E32-4E32-B9E1-E43116E6B397.jpeg

CD609B42-9225-4DD3-A70E-EEDD7AA13552.jpeg

F5F4FBAE-4791-4C4C-AF71-E941A8B12466.jpeg

Just the lower rear panels and tailgate to do, then onto the Dodo Thermo Fleece

Reactions: CAB
Looking good. Any chance a list of materials to get from Dodo?? Need to order some whilst I have the panels off looking for leaks.

Back