DSG Gearbox weep - would they remove steering?

Montecha

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi

At my 20K inspection the dealer notice a weep from the DSG housing. So booked it to be fixed and the dealer description is as follows:

'Investigate oil leak from engine /gearbox bell housing area. Removed gearbox and traced fault to oil seeping past flywheel bolts. Removed and replaced bolts and re-tested. ALL OK'

Since it's been back in my hands, I am sure the steering is off. So my question is to remove a DSG box would they touch the steering / steering arm?

Something has definitely changed.

Thanks
Jamie

I’ve just had my dual mass flywheel replaced in my 2014 and since it’s been done my steering is out pulling to the right it wasn’t like that before.
But it’s a 2014 t5.1 Dsg .
Got my 204 Dsg 4 motion coming next week in grey can’t wait

I’ve just had my dual mass flywheel replaced in my 2014 and since it’s been done my steering is out pulling to the right it wasn’t like that before.
But it’s a 2014 t5.1 Dsg .
Got my 204 Dsg 4 motion coming next week in grey can’t wait

Haha. Love how you dropped that last bit in...

Well I’m excited now I think it will be a week I’ll put pic on post I’m team grey . But definitely not right on steering is yours pulling to right also

Well I’m excited now I think it will be a week I’ll put pic on post I’m team grey . But definitely not right on steering is yours pulling to right also

I have a flat bottom wheel, and it's now canted left in the straight ahead position. I just had 4 wheel alignment done @BognorMotors and it was set with the bottom level in steer ahead.

Its as if they dropped a steering arm off to get at the box and added or subtracted a turn putting it back?

It's back in on Monday for them to have another go at getting the App Connect working, so will ask then. But rather than look like a complete numpty I thought someone might know on here.

So got to the bottom of this today, for reasons unknown the VWC Tech decided that my Flat Bottom wheel wasn't flat at the bottom when steering straight. So he removed it turned it left one notch.

When he sorted the App Connect today he took it off again and put it back where it was originally, which was actually the steer ahead position it started in!

Another chapter in the rich tapestry of life as a VW T6 owner..............

Back