Sold 2023 T30 6.1 Kombi 204PS DSG | Pure Grey | delivery miles only

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1TCH

T6 Pro
Hi, it's with great regret that, after waiting for two years, we need to let our new Kombi go to a new owner. We picked it up on Friday 31st March 2023, and drove it the 222 miles home at no more than 65mph (I'm old school, still believe in breaking new vehicles in gently). It's taken until now for us to finally make the decision to let it go. I have a very genuine reason for the sale, believe me I have agonised over this.

Our previous vans have included highline panel vans, a T5.1 Cali, and two T6 Cali Oceans so know what we wanted on this new van. We did not want a full blown camper again, so specified this one for a future day van conversion, hence the extra factory fitted battery, heated single swivel front seats, removable towbar, thus allowing for a bike rack to be fitted in conjuntion with a Sportline spoiler.

We also opted for the power latching tailgate and side door for quiet closing on campsites (nobody likes the swishbang door noise late at night) along with a
larger fuel tank for romping across Europe, the touchscreen navigation and media player will help as well with touring. Even though we wanted a day van this time around, it's perfect for a full conversion.
Having driven both T5.1s and T6s - which we loved - I was not prepared for how good the 6.1 is, not only the refined steering and car like mannerism, but the technology on this one, especially the side assist and navigation (I hit traffic, not literally, on the way home and the nav just rerouted me effortlessly, without me even asking) also the new rear view camera is great.

Specification, as ordered from the factory

Kombi Highline - so standard Highline equipment
T30
SWB
Pure Grey with upholstery in brick cloth titanium black
204 bhp
DSG
Tailgate
17" chassis c/w larger brakes
LED head and daytime running lights front and rear
Removable lockable tow bar c/w trailer stabilisation
Front and rear mud flaps
Washer fluid level indicator and heated washer nozzles
Discover media navigation system with larger 8" touch screen
2 plus 1 split rear seat easy entry
Second battery 68AH AGM with cut off relay and battery monitoring
Single swivel front seats c/w armrests
Heated front seats
Park assist, side assist, trailer assist
Front, rear and side parking sensors
Rear view camera gen 2
Soft close power latching sliding side door, (single side door model)
Soft close power latching tailgate c/w glass wash wipe heated
Black floor carpet to cab area
Spare wheel/steel underslung rack
80 litre fuel tank
H/D rear suspension
Two services
Still in time for extended warranty

It also comes with a Vanstyle bonnet bra - I polished the bonnet at the dealers and fitted a soft backed bonnet bra for the 222 mile journey home. It was removed once home. so there are no stone chips. The dealer was instructed not to clean or wash the van (cleaners at dealers do not care), it's a lottery if you get the dirty gritty water or the new clean water, so I don't take the chance.

The number plates are temporally stuck on so not drilled, I always fit the German plate surrounds, the new owner can decide what they want to do.

The plastic protection is still on the seats, black cab carpet, dash instruments and touch screen nav/entertainment screen.

As said, we have waited two years from the point of ordering and unlike others I have read about on the forum (we were not as lucky as them) my dealer charged me the price increase, which is a little disappointing, as I was told it was mandatory and imposed by the brand, not the dealers. It is a bitter pill when you think it's price protected, then thousands are added. Selling was never our intention as we had great plans to get it how we wanted it for trips away, but
unfortunately unforeseen circumstances have a way of scuppering such ideas. I understand when it's gone I won't be able to have another true Transporter that I have spec'd from new, and don't really want aTransit in a party frock

72.png.

With that in mind, if anyone wants a new 204 DSG Kombi with some very desirable options and only delivery mileage, perhaps because they missed the deadline or want to have this one in time for the summer and sell their build slot, then it's here.

Asking - £58.250, the vehicle is located near Long Eaton in Derbyshire.
A few photos contained in the following post, just to show it's as new, if anymore are required I can take them. Please rest assured it's in the corner of my unfinished drive, it is not on a construction site. I will add the photos later on today. Any questions, please PM me.

Last edited:
I might know someone interested in this.
Will come back to you when I’ve spoken to them.
58k No vat?

I'm a new forum member just registered as your T6.1 is very close to one I've had on order since Nov'22 - no build week yet and probably still a long wait to go. Sorry you're having to sell yours rather than enjoy it. The T6.1 I've got on order is a 4Motion and has a few less options but to avoid all the delays I am interested in your.

I don't know how this forum work for us to be able to discuss this in a bit more detail but if you want to do that let me know how we can make contact.

Cheers

Please note ,

As of Friday evening the 28th of April I won't be in a position to acknowledge any enquiries due to a family commitment. I will be able to respond From the Monday evening of the 15th of May onwards.

Thank you.

Looks like he went early

Hi, as my previous post, it's with great regret that, after waiting for two years, we need to let our new Kombi go to a new owner. We picked it up on Friday 31st March 2023, and drove it the 222 miles home at no more than 65mph (I'm old school, still believe in breaking new vehicles in gently). It's taken until now for us to finally make the decision to let it go. I have a very genuine reason for the sale, believe me I have agonised over this.

Our previous vans have included two highline panel vans, a T5.1 Cali, and two T6 Cali Oceans so know what we wanted on this new van. We did not want a full blown camper again, so specified this one for a future day van conversion, hence the extra factory fitted battery, heated single swivel front seats, removable towbar, thus allowing for a bike rack to be fitted in conjuntion with a Sportline spoiler.

We also opted for the power latching tailgate and side door for quiet closing on campsites (nobody likes the swishbang door noise late at night) along with a
larger fuel tank for romping across Europe, the touchscreen navigation and media player will help as well with touring. Even though we wanted a day van this time around, it's perfect for a full conversion.
Having driven both T5.1s and T6s - which we loved - I was not prepared for how good the 6.1 is, not only the refined steering and car like mannerism, but the technology on this one, especially the side assist and navigation (I hit traffic, not literally, on the way home and the nav just rerouted me effortlessly, without me even asking) also the new rear view camera is great.

T30
SWB
204 bhp
DSG
Tailgate
Front and rear mud flaps
Heated front seats
Rear view camera gen 2
80 litre fuel tank
H/D rear suspension
Two services

It also comes with a Vanstyle bonnet bra - I polished the bonnet at the dealers and fitted a soft backed bonnet bra for the 222 mile journey home. It was removed once home. so there are no stone chips. The dealer was instructed not to clean or wash the van (cleaners at dealers do not care), it's a lottery if you get the dirty gritty water or the new clean water, so I don't take the chance.

The number plates are temporally stuck on so not drilled, I always fit the German plate surrounds, the new owner can decide what they want to do.

The plastic protection is still on the seats, black cab carpet, dash instruments and touch screen nav/entertainment screen.

As said, we have waited two years from the point of ordering and unlike others I have read about on the forum (we were not as lucky as them) my dealer charged me the price increase, which is a little disappointing, as I was told it was mandatory and imposed by the brand, not the dealers. It is a bitter pill when you think it's price protected, then thousands are added. Selling was never our intention as we had great plans to get it how we wanted it for trips away, but
unfortunately unforeseen circumstances have a way of scuppering such ideas. I understand when it's gone I won't be able to have another true Transporter that I have spec'd from new, and don't really want aTransit in a party frock

View attachment 196282.

With that in mind, if anyone wants a new 204 DSG Kombi with some very desirable options and only delivery mileage, perhaps because they missed the deadline or want to have this one in time for the summer and sell their build slot, then it's here.

I just want to recoup my outlay so asking - £58.250, the vehicle is located near Long Eaton in Derbyshire.
A few photos attached, just to show it's as new, if anymore are required I can take them. Please rest assured it's in the corner of my unfinished drive, it is not on a construction site. I will add the photos later on today. Any questions, please PM me.
@Jack911 - perhaps one for you?

Hi, as my previous post, it's with great regret that, after waiting for two years, we need to let our new Kombi go to a new owner. We picked it up on Friday 31st March 2023, and drove it the 222 miles home at no more than 65mph (I'm old school, still believe in breaking new vehicles in gently). It's taken until now for us to finally make the decision to let it go. I have a very genuine reason for the sale, believe me I have agonised over this.

Our previous vans have included two highline panel vans, a T5.1 Cali, and two T6 Cali Oceans so know what we wanted on this new van. We did not want a full blown camper again, so specified this one for a future day van conversion, hence the extra factory fitted battery, heated single swivel front seats, removable towbar, thus allowing for a bike rack to be fitted in conjuntion with a Sportline spoiler.

T30
SWB
204 bhp
DSG
Tailgate
Front and rear mud flaps
Heated front seats
Rear view camera gen 2
80 litre fuel tank
H/D rear suspension
Two services

View attachment 196282.

I just want to recoup my outlay so asking - £58.250, the vehicle is located near Long Eaton in Derbyshire.
A few photos attached, just to show it's as new, if anymore are required I can take them. Please rest assured it's in the corner of my unfinished drive, it is not on a construction site. I will add the photos later on today. Any questions, please PM me.
@Jack911 - perhaps one for you
No VAT mate I’m out of work let alone VAT registered
Thank you.

After a week I have just managed to get service but won’t have it for long.
I will be back after the 15th as per my last post, sorry for the inconvenience but it can’t be helped.
Just for information, I am now home and free to answer any enquiries.

After a few promising initial enquiries the van is still for sale. I understand times are tough and it's a large investment but the fact that ordering from new is a distant memory, and it's the last of the true transporters I thought someone might have wanted it. I am prepared to be flexible on the price, So if you want a high spec highline Kombi but missed the deadline then get in touch.

May be down to finance? Would have thought the vast majority would be taking some kind of finance package for that outlay.

May be down to finance? Would have thought the vast majority would be taking some kind of finance package for that outlay.
I think you're right, it's a bad time for all. A VW dealer can offer finance but stocks are going to dry up plus a personal loan would give a better rate I would imagine.
Thanks for the reply.

I think you're right, it's a bad time for all. A VW dealer can offer finance but stocks are going to dry up plus a personal loan would give a better rate I would imagine.
Thanks for the reply.
Have you tried offering your van to VW dealers or to the bigger camper converter companies? They could well be looking for T6.1 stock.

Have you tried offering your van to VW dealers or to the bigger camper converter companies? They could well be looking for T6.1 stock.
I have yes, but no joy. VW would take it tomorrow at less then I paid then add a premium to someone who will then join the forum it’s not like they would need to warranty it for the extra cost. The only advantage of going with the dealer is the finance but I’m thinking a personal loan would give better rates unless I’m wrong.

I have yes, but no joy. VW would take it tomorrow at less then I paid then add a premium to someone who will then join the forum it’s not like they would need to warranty it for the extra cost. The only advantage of going with the dealer is the finance but I’m thinking a personal loan would give better rates unless I’m wrong.
I got 4.8% from HSBC last week - about half what most car finance seems to be at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back