DSG Oil Leak - looking for anyone's experience

CKZ 102

Hello Folks,

At the start of January I purchased a 69 Plate T6, 150 DSG Highline. As the van didn't come with an under tray I decided to buy and fit one, and I'm glad I did. I noticed the DSG appeared to be leaking so I took it back the Dealers for investigation today.

Initially this looked like a careless DSG Oil change where they'd not cleaned up after themselves. But a closer inspection from the Master Tech confirmed that there's a leak from the casing/gasket (where the DSG bolts together), see the attached picture.

VW have confirmed they'll front all the costs as the vans new to me and it should have been picked up when the DSG was serviced OR part of the multi point check they are supposed to do. I'm interested to know if anyone's had this problem and what was done to fix it? All I know is that they've got to drop the gear box out and I've got a courtesy van for the next couple of weeks. I just want to ensure that when its back its correct and no corners have been cut.

Cheers

Oil Leak.jpg

I wonder if the gearbox has already been split open to replace the differential side gear after the driveshaft splines had failed?
There is no gasket on these, just sealant.

I wonder if the gearbox has already been split open to replace the differential side gear after the driveshaft splines had failed?
There is no gasket on these, just sealant.
There’s nothing in the history to suggest this has been done (1 owner, 90k). Perhaps it’s the sealant failing?

What might be an interesting question is if they are dropping the box and the van has done 90k is there anything else it's worth asking them to do for preventative maintenance at the same time?

What might be an interesting question is if they are dropping the box and the van has done 90k is there anything else it's worth asking them to do for preventative maintenance at the same time?
Its a good point, and It’s something I’ve wondered. Hoping someone on here’s got some experiences. I’ll ask VW when they call with an update.

Back