Door Store Ideas/Alternatives

RedUn

Kombi... work in progress
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Starting to plan working on the back of the van now the outside and front is just about finished.

What have people done door storage wise? I've had a bit of a nosey and the best I've seen is the kiravans one carpeted at the mo.

Has anyone done anything different or is that about as good as it gets?

Cheers
Rich

Starting to plan working on the back of the van now the outside and front is just about finished.

What have people done door storage wise? I've had a bit of a nosey and the best I've seen is the kiravans one carpeted at the mo.

Cheers
Rich
We have one of these and never bothered to carpet it as, for us, it needs to be ‘wipe’ clean as we store all sorts in it and spills/leaks happen.
Very happy with it and would certainly get another if we ever changed campers.

Just a word of caution, watch what you put in the lower storage - when you slide the door open it is very close to the rear wheel arch and anything protruding will scratch the paintwork.

We have one of these and never bothered to carpet it as, for us, it needs to be ‘wipe’ clean as we store all sorts in it and spills/leaks happen.
Very happy with it and would certainly get another if we ever changed campers.
Good point, I guess maybe I'd just carpet the outside then and leave the pockets as they are! :thumbsup:

Screenshot_2020-05-06-14-22-11-898.jpeg

£10 off with that code.

So if carpet lining it, what do you do about the light grey fixings? Can hidden pushfits be fitted?
Shame they didn't do it in a darker grey or even black (yes I get that it's to match the oem hardboard panels).

View attachment 68771

£10 off with that code.

So if carpet lining it, what do you do about the light grey fixings? Can hidden pushfits be fitted?
Shame they didn't do it in a darker grey or even black (yes I get that it's to match the oem hardboard panels).
That's my issue too it looks functional but that's about it :cautious:

Cheers
Rich

“Just about finished” eh Rich?

Not a door store in mine, but I went from just carpeted hardboard to a Loc8 door table. I had the one that came with the van and fits on a rail, but didn’t get on with it. This one can be used outside aswell as in the van.

We had one in our T5, use it all the time. It has towels and tote bags for getting in wet and muddy. I bought one for the new van too. For the T6.1 it will need modifications to fit - there is a drain in the top right, and if you have electric latch the motors fill the void for the top shelf. I’m going to cut that shelf out and replace with a panel.

For T6 I think they fit Ok but I can’t speak from experience there.

They add another storage location. You can’t put big things in there obviously, but it’s been useful in our van.

Pete

Follow their eBay store. They sometimes list factory seconds for about a third off.
Still can’t work out why mine is a second.

Back