Kiravans DoorStore -v- JustKampers Storage Pod Dimensions

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm probably going to get one or other of the Kiravans or JustKampers sliding door storage jobbies. Looking at them on their respective websites, they seem to be quite similar. On the plus sides, the Kiravans has a slightly longer top pocket / compartment whereas the JustKampers seems to have slightly larger openings to all pockets and if the pictures are anything to go by, I think I prefer it's colour (although I might well decide to cover it in 4 way stretch anyway).
However, neither website gives any indication as to the actual size of their respective compartments and that's where I'm looking for a bit of advice. I would be very grateful if anyone on here with either fitted in their vans could put a tape measure against them to measure the overall size of the three compartments, size of the openings and their depths.
I would also be very interested in any comments about how compatible either one is with sound deadening and / or insulation in the doors.
As always, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have the Kiravans version. It fits a T6, but I had to modify it for my 6.1. The JustKampers fits 6.1 directly, hence the short top pocket.

I put sound deadening behind mine, and some plastic wool in the few remaining voids.

There’s not much in it in terms of dimensions- you are limited by the void space and door clearance.

I had the Kiravan one on my T6... even with modifications , it would not fit T6.1 due to different mechanism for lock.
I have just fitted the JK one to my new T6.1 . I like the look and finish of it compared to Kiravan... Darker colour matches much better. Very little difference in storage space except for top row. I don't know if JK is stronger, ....I hope so, as the Kiravan one wore a hole in top row due to a fly spray can being stored there.
I put sound proofing on sliding door, and I also had to put thin foam weather strip on back of JK panel, to stop any vibration sound against the metal on door.
Very happy with result...see my post under "JustKampers door store"

@drinfinity @Graham Jones Thanks for the responses - any chance of taking the measurements that I requested above please? Cheers.
Kiravan: top pocket.. Length..500mm. height..100.. depth..70mm
middle pocket.. 860mm x150mm x75mm
bottom pocket .. 840mm x 100mm x 80mm.

JustKamper top pocket.. 350mm x 110mm x 70mm
middle pocket.. 850mm x 180mm x 80mm
bottom pocket.. 850mm x 130mm x 65mm.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Hi @Ayjay I'm up in Gloucester. You're more than welcome to pop up and have a look and a measure - I have the Kiravans version in a 2016 T6.

BTW - It's (badly - due to my lack of skill) covered in stretch suede and each pocket is full of kit so gives a good idea of a trimmed panel and shows the amount of storage it provides.

Back