Under bed storage

step

So we have just purchased our van. Very happy with it however our first tweaks will be to try to make the most of the storage situation. We have a full width Vulcan bed which does have front and back boards covering the underneath. These look good but aren't overly practical in making it easy to access anything stored underneath. I'm thinking a drawer for the centre portion and some sort of doors for the 2 sides. Would love to see what other people have come up with. Also unsure if access from front or back (or both) is best.

FB_IMG_1709657627589.jpg

FB_IMG_1709458759015.jpg

FB_IMG_1709459755889.jpg

We have no boards on. It makes the space much more flexible- you can stick something very long in the van in particular. Not as pretty, but we find it more useful.

So we have just purchased our van. Very happy with it however our first tweaks will be to try to make the most of the storage situation. We have a full width Vulcan bed which does have front and back boards covering the underneath. These look good but aren't overly practical in making it easy to access anything stored underneath. I'm thinking a drawer for the centre portion and some sort of doors for the 2 sides. Would love to see what other people have come up with. Also unsure if access from front or back (or both) is best.

View attachment 232007

View attachment 232008

View attachment 232009
Hi, I’m at a cross roads on a Vulcan full width or something from say ply guys/ovano system. Currently converting a a panel swb. How do you find the above bed?

Hi, I’m at a cross roads on a Vulcan full width or something from say ply guys/ovano system. Currently converting a a panel swb. How do you find the above bed?
It's been great, with it being full width we get a decent night's sleep as plenty of room. We do have a duvelay mattress topper as well as came with the van and comfort is no issue. Have purchased 2 storage cases from amazon for under the middle of the bed. Very easy to convert from bed to seats.
We were looking at ovano initially though the setup we have now does give us more space as with the kombi seats down there is little room left1000019692.jpg

Back