Just Kampers Sliding Door Storage

Dahnhiller

VIP Member
So I've just seen that JK are doing a sliding door storage unit for £50 less than the Kiravans model. I'd be interested to know if anyone has fitted it yet, and if anyone knows what the difference is compared to the Kiravans model?

Big difference is the top pocket. On the JK one here it is shorter, which allows it to clear the various door lock/closing mechanisms on a T6.1. I have the Kiravans one, which need some modifications to fit a T6.1.

If you have a T6 then Kiravans would give you more storage in the top pocket.

Big difference is the top pocket. On the JK one here it is shorter, which allows it to clear the various door lock/closing mechanisms on a T6.1. I have the Kiravans one, which need some modifications to fit a T6.1.

If you have a T6 then Kiravans would give you more storage in the top pocket.
Makes sense, I was looking to see how the JK was fitting everything from T5 onwards whereas the Kiravans was limited to the T6

Have you seen the stitches and steel one? Its just a panel with holes and canvas pockets . I'm sure I have a spare ply panel for the door so I'm considering trying to make one.

Have you seen the stitches and steel one? Its just a panel with holes and canvas pockets . I'm sure I have a spare ply panel for the door so I'm considering trying to make one.
Not seen the S&S one before. Can’t really say I’m a fan of the pockets, especially for heavier items, but looks like it would be simple enough to fabricate with ply

I have the S&S one and its 100% not worth what they charge for it. The plastic is so cheap looking, almost like painted corrugated cardboard.

Hi folks I've a 6.1 4 motion and I see this little white thingy on the sliding door panel, does anyone know what this is and how to work around it with a door panel storage. Also do you insulate behind the storage panel, I suspect there will be no wires behind the door panel storage for anything, or is there anything I need to be aware of in terms of electrical wiring for future. Im beginning from scratch with a panel van conversion

image0-2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

As its a panel van, same as mine, it was an emergency release should you get trapped in the back. Now the bulkhead has gone that has been hidden away somewhere by the convertor.
Hi folks I've a 6.1 4 motion and I see this little white thingy on the sliding door panel, does anyone know what this is and how to work around it with a door panel storage. Also do you insulate behind the storage panel, I suspect there will be no wires behind the door panel storage for anything, or is there anything I need to be aware of in terms of electrical wiring for future. Im beginning from scratch with a panel van conversion

View attachment 198415

View attachment 198416

As its a panel van, same as mine, it was an emergency release should you get trapped in the back. Now the bulkhead has gone that has been hidden away somewhere by the convertor.
great to know that, I'll just try to tape it back to the inside of the frame then

I’ve been looking at sliding door storage and found a panel by Midland Leisure Supplies which looks good and is well priced (£140). Has anyone tried on of these or had experience of Midland Leisure Supplies?

Back