Door Seal Rust

I was told by a dealership they were only aloud to change one and it's a case of how i get in and out of the van
so i said to the service guy you must have been on a course so you had better show me how to enter and vacate my van, he looked very puzzled
and asked if i was taking the mick, i replied no more than you. Oh well now on to the next warranty issue when it arises

919899EA-4165-4D6B-9DD4-1163B95A8DED.jpeg 61A5D896-6F3B-48A1-9A06-AB9C5A1935F3.jpeg FE364C2F-930A-4323-960A-48AFADA8A665.jpeg
Had mine done under warranty today, looks like the local butcher fitted it!! Not happy:-( floor lifting, trim damaged and fitted incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened to me! My trim was literally smashed to f@ck! Removed it all myself when I saw something that made me suspicious....and then I saw what the w@nker had done! Outrageous !! Get back to them!:mad:

I have spoken with them, new parts on order. Surely work gets checked before it’s allowed to leave the workshop. I have no trust in VW, not sure if I want it going back there to be ‘fixed’ it’s come out with more wrong than it went in with .

Think I may have the same problem starting to appear. For those who have had the seal replaced, has it 'solved' the problem? If not I'm inclined to leave it looking at the bodges made by VW dealers. Also I was considering a second set of door seals as many on here have done, would this reduce/removed the ingress of moisture? I would be interested in any relevant views before I decide what I am going to do. Thanks in advance

Definitely do it yourself :) I still haven’t heard anything back from VW reference them damaging the van.

Just for balance, had mine replaced by VW, no issues at all.
But as far as I can gather from this thread, the same problem will reoccur due to the seal being trodden on when entering the cab. Don't get me wrong I hope it has solved it for those who have had them replaced. However, I am hoping someone will tell me that the additional door seals (as sold in the T6 forum shop) will improve or remove the problem altogether

But as far as I can gather from this thread, the same problem will reoccur due to the seal being trodden on when entering the cab. Don't get me wrong I hope it has solved it for those who have had them replaced. However, I am hoping someone will tell me that the additional door seals (as sold in the T6 forum shop) will improve or remove the problem altogether
That's an additional door seal that fits to the door not the door frame so not the same. That one reduces road noise only.

Have they changed seals. If old ones lasted less than one year, new ones will just do same. Ours is converted camper get in and out of van a couple of times a day. Something wrong with design they are not fit for purpose if they go like that.

They look the same to me. I suspect I'll have a re occurance in 12 months! Honestly, VW are really penny pinching these days!

Just looked at ours. They have split Anyone had them done at JCT6000 Sheffield van centre
Yes, I took mine back & they said it wasn’t covered under warranty, but advised me to contact VW customer service, which I did. Spoke to them & they authorised the repair there & then over the phone & instructed JCT600 to do the work FOC. I think I dealt with Chloe on service but not 100% sure

Yes, I took mine back & they said it wasn’t covered under warranty, but advised me to contact VW customer service, which I did. Spoke to them & they authorised the repair there & then over the phone & instructed JCT600 to do the work FOC. I think I dealt with Chloe on service but not 100% sure

Thanks just had both ours replaced under warranty at JCT600 Sheffield van centre.

Came back to my van after leaving it parked up for 48hrs and having opened the door saw water running down the step from the door seal. As per other posts the seal is rusty. We have had some heavy rain over the last 48hrs but that shouldn’t make a difference. My concern is that the water is clearly breaching the seal and collecting in between the seal and step - more corrosion problems ahead?
Door alignment has already been checked when faulty door catch was replaced.
Having looked at the other posts I imagine the corroded door seals were caused by the same issue.

146E1AA1-0EB3-48E4-9217-E89A5739F33E.jpeg

9BD49F88-D002-4F18-8DB8-704AF13F5868.jpeg

Back