Door Seal Rust

I think we FRS brothers have the most warped and most excellent sense of humour going.
@DaveyB.....some would find it disrespectful or irreverent....our humour was our informal method of counselling each other, right? I say "was" because "humour" is not tolerated quite the way it used to be.:whistle:

Never! If there was ever a person who could always be relied upon to be in the middle of a guffawing moment, it’d be Daz.
Wrong! Daz was great at looking very sincere and nodding sagely out in public....back at the station however....dear god....what a loon! At Christmas, he's completely out of control!!! :thumbsup:

Had a look at mine (F/R June 2017) and you can easily pull the seal over on the drivers side step and see the rust VW Lookers said they will remove the seal, clean up bodywork and replace seal under warranty

I have same problem with driver side door seal split. I went to vw and they said its nothing to do with us. its classed as outside ha ha I said it under warranty. he said if rust was on side of van yes but not this. he said the piece of metal will have to be cut out an expencive job. he said no matter what you do you wont stop the rust. I thought great.so I took it back to were I bought it an they said we will sort it. its only the seal it as metal inside. god I was worried. having looked on here. I feel better knowing it is the seal. how ever vw didn't know what they was talking about. passing the book as normal

hi . guys could anyone help that's got there seal done under warranty. by telling us the dealer you went to. i.e vw surrey e.c.t . that would give us some back up. that there being done. for all of us that's getting turned away. would be very glad of any help no names mentioned just dealer that's doing them. so we can inform our dealer to ring them. for back up thanks

VW marshall have seen my rusty door seal on a 17 Reg @ 8mnths old, they said they've seen others and will process my claim and will let me know. They also wanted to do some fuel line recall, but I told them to hold off until my claim was successful ;)

VW marshall have seen my rusty door seal on a 17 Reg @ 8mnths old, they said they've seen others and will process my claim and will let me know. They also wanted to do some fuel line recall, but I told them to hold off until my claim was successful ;)
its not good mate. am not too happy . mine is only a year old. an ten am worrying about thease call backs. might as well of bought an old van. vw are going down hill

20180319_101537.jpg just sent photo for your inspection. not all these seals look the same.my metal strip is inside a lare of rubber

Back