Door Seal Rust

VW customer care got involved with my problematic seal along with a few other things and the dealer soon agreed to sort it under warranty.

VW marshall have seen my rusty door seal on a 17 Reg @ 8mnths old, they said they've seen others and will process my claim and will let me know. They also wanted to do some fuel line recall, but I told them to hold off until my claim was successful ;)
MINES GOING IN NEXT WEEK . FINGERS CROSSED

I need to get my drivers one sorted as rust is coming from the wire in it I think. Have yet to approach the dealer on it.

Got mine sorted at JCT600 in Hull, no problems whatsoever. My van was bought 2nd hand too and not supplied by JCT, 1st class service in my book.

I need to get my drivers one sorted as rust is coming from the wire in it I think. Have yet to approach the dealer on it.
hi just had my seal done today in York. just pulls out. so looks good now. il have to hop in an out ha ha

yesterday mine was fixed by VW Marshall Reading. no quibbles
good one. I have had mine done now.the company I bought van off booked it in. they didn't want to know me. because I didn't buy van off them. very bad customer service at York. makes you feel like not going. but I will pesist they will get sick off me first:devil:

Just got back from my service in Liverpool and they wouldnt replace it under warranty - wear & tear was the reason (i dont wear heels :) ).

I couldnt be bothered arguing - does anyone have a product code and where to get a replacement that is a bit more robust?

hi guys.

I saw a post on the T6 facebook page re a rust problem on the T6 caused by the step seal breaking down. I took my 2017 T6 into Leicester today and they've had a few in. here is a photo from the facebook page.

My van, 12 months old, has exactly the same issue and is in for warranty replacement of the seal in in June.

The issue is well known in Germany and they even have a diagram of the cause which I also attach.

You have been warned! :rolleyes::rolleyes: 33037488_10156656357743598_878505998136901632_o.jpg 32974768_10156600485638313_6518696491928780800_n.jpg

I posted on the Facebook thread on this and a request came back to share the works form from VW showing it as a warranty fix. Apparently it's a bit pot luck whether they accept it as a warranty issue or not.

Back