Do GTi Seats Fit a T6 ?

Looks great, nice work! :thumbsup:

With that size of box section i guess they'll probably end up the same height as the original van seats.

How were the armrests to fit, I've yet to do that to my R seats?

I've used some of these threaded tube end caps so I can attach some covers to hide the gaps (mainly the mechanism on the inside of the seat):

Threaded Tube Inserts and End Caps | Buy Online | BPF

Cheers, the hard work youve already done was a big drive and help for getting mine sorted.

Armrests werent actually too bad i bought the kernow transporters kit and cut and redrilled the brackets to suit existing holes in the golf seat frame. Im abit crap with taking pics and documenting but i used the holes that the lumber support handle fixes to, thats now gone along with the air bags.

The box section is now carpetted too and im hoping to install tomorrow, i like to sit quite high up compared to others in my van plus this way i can always come down abit hence the big box section.

Know what you mean about all that underside metal work showing bur dont think plastics exist to cover it?

Know what you mean about all that underside metal work showing bur dont think plastics exist to cover it?

There's no oem cover available as the seat sits against the centre console in the golf and that hides everything.

I'm gonna try and keep the lumbar adjuster when I get round to the armrests. Airbags will go though as my van didnt have them in the stock seats anyway!

I'm intending to create a simple flat plastic plate to bolt to the box section end caps and tidy the inside face of the seat up a little.

Will be selling these without bases in around 4 weeks if anyone's after a set

20171006_155327.jpg

I ended up taking mine out, the bucket bottom cushion wears out on the door side as they're made to be sat down in, not climbed over into if you know what I mean, did look great tho

IMG_20200502_112131.jpg

There's no oem cover available as the seat sits against the centre console in the golf and that hides everything.

I'm gonna try and keep the lumbar adjuster when I get round to the armrests. Airbags will go though as my van didnt have them in the stock seats anyway!

I'm intending to create a simple flat plastic plate to bolt to the box section end caps and tidy the inside face of the seat up a little.

I did consider keeping support too, bit used the hole in the foam and fabric foe the rests, unless the lumbar adjuster could be moved? There is an almoat identical set of holes just above where this is mounted so possibly

Looks ace. I've got scirocco seats in mine, i want to mount on a swivel base, does a simple rail shorten clear the B pillar trim?

Looks ace. I've got scirocco seats in mine, i want to mount on a swivel base, does a simple rail shorten clear the B pillar trim?

I dont see why not, not sure how much you could get away with removing though without it messing with movement of the seat

Not sure how much you'd need to shorten by if at all?

Just watch if you do shorten the rails you don't remove any rearward travel stops!

Small up date on my own seats while im here 50mm box is abit high for anyone looking to do the same, i may redo my own with 50x25 and see what adjustment that gives me. 50mm sits lower than the original seat but at the golfs seats lowest adjustment its still a little too high up, sometimes feels bang on but sometimes a bit much

Small up date on my own seats while im here 50mm box is abit high for anyone looking to do the same, i may redo my own with 50x25 and see what adjustment that gives me. 50mm sits lower than the original seat but at the golfs seats lowest adjustment its still a little too high up, sometimes feels bang on but sometimes a bit much

IIRC, that's why I chose to use 50 × 25mm section. :thumbsup:

After some crude seat height measurements, and noting the more reclined angle of the car seat base, that size seemed a good option for mine.

IIRC, that's why I chose to use 50 × 25mm section. :thumbsup:

After some crude seat height measurements, and noting the more reclined angle of the car seat base, that size seemed a good option for mine.
Agreed i should have followed suit first time round, ill give it a go if come across some box section that size see how it feels. Apart from that love the R seats just need to sell the originals too

Not sure how much you'd need to shorten by if at all?

Just watch if you do shorten the rails you don't remove any rearward travel stops!
Thanks, chopped about 60mm at 45 degrees off the back of the rail and it just misses the B pillar trim, all works a treat, rear stop preserved.

Thanks, chopped about 60mm at 45 degrees off the back of the rail and it just misses the B pillar trim, all works a treat, rear stop preserved.

Ideal solution! :thumbsup:

Out of interest, which brand of swivels are you using with the Scirocco seats?

View attachment 63010

This thread has been incredibly helpful, just finished my first golf R captains seat, about to start the second, cant wait to get them both in the van.

Edit just need to finish the adapting box section with end caps to hide them a litle and thinking of carpetting or painting them yet to decide

Amazing work dude, what armrests did you use? and how easy was it to strip the seats to get the brackets in place?

Amazing work dude, what armrests did you use? and how easy was it to strip the seats to get the brackets in place?

cheers, armrests are from kernow transporters, i used the older t5 brackets, cut and drilled to match holes that were already in the golf r seats where the lumbar support was fitted. there are matching holes on both sides of both seats that i bolted to then its just cutting the foam and fabric. removing lumbar support and airbags wasnt too bad just careful putting everything back nicely. hardest part id say was making the brackets work but you'll see what i mean about the holes where lumbar support was fitted if you take a seat apart. i should have done piccys but tend to get abit too into it and forget about documenting

Loving these seat setups, so bought some Golf R seats off eBay. Does anyone know somewhere anywhere near Reading who'll do the mods and fit them into the van? Likewise don't mind travelling further afield to get it done properly :thumbsup:
Any help or advice welcome.

Like so:

This is just a trial fit as the passenger side might have to move further inboard due to the more intrusive B pillar than the drivers side.
looks good, will be interested in how you get on, i have all ready raised a rib bed from a bongo to fit in my van

Back