Dimond Cut Alloy Repairs - Any Recommendations?

Lee

T6 Pro
Did a 10 hour round trip when picking up my T6 last week, should have taken 4-5 hours but got caught at the Dartford Tunnel.

Anyway, literally 2 miles from home I curbed it and damaged the alloys, not so bad to effect handling but something I wanna get fixed. I've rang a few people locally and the earliest any of em can fit it is second week in October, they mentioned too that they have to send em away for repair, which takes 5-10 days.

So, can anyone make any recommendations, not even sure if anyone can do this type of repair on the day but I'd happily travel if somebody could.

Appreciate any recommendations, advice etc?

Diamond cut alloys can't be repaired. You will loose the diamond cut face. If it's deep it will have to be sprayed.
If it's minor and or white worm the face can be cut back but there is a limit.

I do bodywork and wheels and feeling any diamond cut wheel. I just replace the wheel if I scuff mine.

You can do a small smart repair on it but the finish will be a bright silver paint so up close you can see the paint blend with the aluminum cut finish.

Cheers for the advice, yes, I was quoted £125+ VAT per wheel, I'm guessing you can buy the wheels individually?

I think it might just be easy to buy a new set, though not cheap, not much more than getting them repaired.

I've found a company who will do the alloys for £585 or £990 with decent tyres.

Just wondered how difficult it is to fit alloys, they do offer a fitting service but they are based a good 100 miles plus from me.

image.jpeg
Lent my van to one of my employees for the day to do a local job and they managed to kerb the near side wheel. There is a place at Colchester who can repair it but as you say it will take a week to do and cost around a £100 to fix :( I'm leaving it for now but will get it done when I put on my winter wheels/tyres in a couple of months.

Sackable offence that surely!

Yes, I'm thinking of just get a replacement, then I at least have two good spares.

Not good! Sorry to hear this. I had the alloys on my T5 repaired several times and in the end I took them off! That's why on my T6 I am keeping Devonports, less hassel.

Do you reckon it's ok to drive, haven't noticed a anything different?

Also, is a garage likely to change just the alloy if I bought online, or would they want to change the tyre too?

Have changed the odd tyre roadside on a car, never on a van.

Sharp bend on a dark country lane, coming out of the bend I obviously tucked it in too much.

Absolutely gutted, the journey to get it back was epic, then did this 2 miles from home.

The noise of alloy grating curb has now taken over from nails on a blackboard as the most painful noise in the world. :mad::mad:

Back