[GUIDE] Land Rover Discovery alloys on a T6

Hi,
They look good.
I have just bought some Range Range 20" wheels and planning on having them refurbished in black. Although all new to this and having read your posts worried about the load ratings.
I've ordered some 275/40 tyres for my T6. My next issue is finding some center caps and longer bolts as the ones i have seem to short at 35mm and corroded. Any suggestions that doesn't involve all that you went through, did you find/source any that didn't need modifying? cheers
What width are the RR wheels?
Were they from a Range Rover Sport or full fat RR?
What variant is your van T28/30/32?

Here's the answer to load rating on LR wheels: Load rating on Land Rover/Range Rover wheels - SOLVED

LTC Tyres will give best advice on bolts, spigot rings and spacers (although you need to decide on spacing). My opinion is that non-staggered rims need +10mm at the back, but you need to use a tyre calculator to make sure they aren't already sticking out too far.

Last edited:
Hi,
I’ve had the RR wheels refurbished. They went to fit tonight and the bolts (and spigot) set I bought from Tamar wheels are the wrong size. Although the internet said they were the conversion kit. I’ll have to ring them tomorrow and see if they can assist.
With regards the centre hub, the refurb guys are going to sort and get some VW emblem sorted on them.

Hi,
I’ve had the RR wheels refurbished. They went to fit tonight and the bolts (and spigot) set I bought from Tamar wheels are the wrong size. Although the internet said they were the conversion kit. I’ll have to ring them tomorrow and see if they can assist.
With regards the centre hub, the refurb guys are going to sort and get some VW emblem sorted on them.
Keep us posted. Hope you get it sorted

Tamar Wheels supplier don't stock the smaller fitting. Rang a RR garage and they said the fitting re different From the VW to the RR, and need some studs. I'm flummoxed what i might need now. So I've now got a set of bolts that will cost an arm and leg to return, some nice refurbished wheels with new tyres but nothing to fit them with :( any help appreciated.

Tamar Wheels supplier don't stock the smaller fitting. Rang a RR garage and they said the fitting re different From the VW to the RR, and need some studs. I'm flummoxed what i might need now. So I've now got a set of bolts that will cost an arm and leg to return, some nice refurbished wheels with new tyres but nothing to fit them with :( any help appreciated.
@JAS

What width are the RR wheels?
Were they from a Range Rover Sport or full fat RR? Or another Range Rover, which Variant?
What variant is your van T28/30/32?

Also, I suspect this:

On a related note, and so that someone doesn't have to go through this pain again, not all Land Rover/Range Rover wheels will fit Transporters, simply because of the PCD even though they are load rated.

Wheel-size.com is really useful as it lists the PCD for each LR model. IIRC Discovery, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover HSE wheels are the right PCD, Discovery Sport, Evoque and Velar wheels are not.

Helpful thread @Andysmee
Are the bolts just 60 degree tapers or is the seat on an LR/RR wheel something different?
thanks

They are totally different. They have a sleeve section. Here's a pic: View attachment 98079

Cracking piece of work @Andysmee :thumbsup:. I've been looking for this sort of info on and off for a couple of weeks lol.

My biggest fear has been selecting the wrong section tyres - and, getting it wrong would ruin the experience for sure. Yes its a very 'personal' thing getting the look that's right for you. I'm taking a risk in a way with my wheel choice because I've never seen them on either a T5 or T6. It was a case of right place, right time and right price from a friend at a LR Dealership and that was 4 years ago. I didn't even have a van then but I could feel it in me bones. I do like the style though and they aren't a common wheel.

Like most, I automatically assumed that 275/40 R20 was the standard choice. A friend is running RR 20in 'Stormers' with a 275/40 tyre choice with a 50mm drop and it looks / sits bang on. Problem is I think his rims are 9.5 whereas mine are 8.5 so I'm thinking I'll go with 265/40 based on your 255's sitting square.

I'll try and find some pictures of mine from another source.

Found these in the depths of my phone. These are from May 2019 and i was checking the fitment, spiggots and bolts on standard suspension.

20190512_180625.jpg20190512_180439.jpg20190512_180525.jpg20190512_180403.jpg
This was without spacers.

Nicely done and well documented!

Thanks a lot for providing all dimensions to get this perfect stance

I'm gonna go after exactly this in 18"

Unfortunately I've now lost a cap from the centre of a wheel. So I may need then 3d printed this time

Back