Deeper sliding door step

Climberphil

Well my vanstyle raised step doesn’t seem to fit with my 12mm ply floor, the bottom section doesnt sit on the base metal... although the rear piece fits perfectly.

Any ideas on which others I should be looking at that would fit? It’s for a pannel van, ply sitting on top of the metal ridges...

I've done all the dodo flooring insulation and put my 12 mm ply flooring down. So I've added a fair bit of height to the floor. But the higher side step that I bought is not quite right. I've tried modding it and cutting bits out but it doesn't seem right. Does anyone have any advice on what would be the best one to get. I've seen people mentioning the caravelle ones. Should that be what I get? Thanks

Morning folks!

I purchased an extra deep side step from Vanstyle to fit after I have added 12mm plywood and vinyl flooring. However I can't seem to get it clicked into place properly. It doesn't connect to the plastic clips on the side of the step at all.

Is there a knack to this?

I'm wondering if any of you fine people can help with this.

Much thanks
Andrew

Morning folks!

I purchased an extra deep side step from Vanstyle to fit after I have added 12mm plywood and vinyl flooring. However I can't seem to get it clicked into place properly. It doesn't connect to the plastic clips on the side of the step at all.

Is there a knack to this?

I'm wondering if any of you fine people can help with this.

Much thanks
Andrew
Providing the clips aren’t deformed, it sounds like it’s sitting too high to mate with them.

Doesn't seem too high.
Also by the clips on the side i mean the vertical clips nearest the inside of the van.
Yeah, those clips are the ones I was referring to. I have grief with the same clips

Hello, i bought an after market sliding door step with a higher lip to account for the ply floor. However it seems to have been of such low quality the plastic is breaking left right and centre.
Are there any OEM deeper steps, or can someone recommend a good quality step which will account for the ply floor?

Thanks

Daniel

Hello, i bought an after market sliding door step with a higher lip to account for the ply floor. However it seems to have been of such low quality the plastic is breaking left right and centre.
Are there any OEM deeper steps, or can someone recommend a good quality step which will account for the ply floor?

Thanks

Daniel
Depends on the depth you need. There are 3 heights of step. Normal panel van; kombi (or panel van with rubber floor) and Caravelle. Most installs using 9mm ply buttons and a 12mm ply floor use the Komi step.

Fancy Caravelle step with stainless steel inset panel with small square rubber inserts. BUT be sitting down when your VW parts man tells you the price.

These need a different step light and conversion wiring harness.

The blue tint is the removable preservation film on a new item.

1644864182183.jpeg

Thanks guys, awesome feedback as always and appreciated!
I will check out the thread as stated, So i have the 9mm bonded ply to the floor with 12mm screwed into this. So i am guessing i need the Kombi floor. However that caravelle step look nice as. Are the wiring loops expensive and something that can be purchased?
Thanks

Daniel

Thanks guys, awesome feedback as always and appreciated!
I will check out the thread as stated, So i have the 9mm bonded ply to the floor with 12mm screwed into this. So i am guessing i need the Kombi floor. However that caravelle step look nice as. Are the wiring loops expensive and something that can be purchased?
Thanks

Daniel
Lights and wiring adaptor are both VW items, the light are available with various options of illuminated text. My current van is a Highline so has HIGHLINE text in the light. I guess there is a thread on here somewhere with the part numbers if not come back and I'll do my best to find them.

Lights and wiring adaptor are both VW items, the light are available with various options of illuminated text. My current van is a Highline so has HIGHLINE text in the light. I guess there is a thread on here somewhere with the part numbers if not come back and I'll do my best to find them.
Thanks, appreciated

Is it possible to get new clips for the floor of the step, the ones from the original have been mis placed which is a total bummer.. ordered some on amazon but they were to thiun and a complete waste of money. Would i have to go to VW for these?

Thanks

Daniel

Depends on the depth you need. There are 3 heights of step. Normal panel van; kombi (or panel van with rubber floor) and Caravelle. Most installs using 9mm ply buttons and a 12mm ply floor use the Komi step.
is the Caravelle step even deeper than the kombi step?

cheers

Daniel

Back