Dealer Lowering?

I understand your delemer @Twoguns . Its a catch 22 really, the more you go into it the worse your head will get you can look at it from all sides but in the end it comes down to you and want it to look like and your needs for the van.
As @superflyguy says maybe just have what you want and sort the rest if and when you need it.
That's what I will be doing, as long as it's legal and safe are have it looking how I want it

Couldn't agree more @superflyguy , that's the beauty with these vans, they can be made to be exactly what the owner wants and needs.
They are as individual as the people who put their money into them
But underneath it all, it starts with a market leading piece of kit :thumbsup:

@Twoguns l guess you really need to think about what you are going to use the van for, I plan on visiting camp sites etc, so I don't want to have to worry about driving along uneven ground, mud etc without bottoming out .
Also your van will drop even lower if your fitting out with units beds etc.
I wonder if anyone on here has had to try and claim from vw following suspension issues ?
If you really liked the customvanz vans, go for it, I'm sure people have never experienced any problems in all the time they have dropped there vans , and I'm not against the look , I think they look great but not practical for my needs
Good point. Has any body had or know anyone that has gone through a warranty claim with non manufacturers suspension and 20in wheels?

Just keep a set of steels at home and swap them over if you have any issues and need to take the van back. We all seem a bit too worried about warranties, my T5 did 80,000 miles for me (26000 when purchased) lowered 60-70mm on coil overs and 20" Range Rover sport alloys. The only problems I ever had was replacing 2 glow plugs, a new wiper motor and a faulty water pump that Halfords fitted, pretty impressive I think.

Just keep a set of steels at home and swap them over if you have any issues and need to take the van back. We all seem a bit too worried about warranties, my T5 did 80,000 miles for me (26000 when purchased) lowered 60-70mm on coil overs and 20" Range Rover sport alloys. The only problems I ever had was replacing 2 glow plugs, a new wiper motor and a faulty water pump that Halfords fitted, pretty impressive I think.
Seeing as most issues happen away from home, I don't fancy carrying an extra set of wheels in the back !!
I used to work for Nissan years ago and having to deal with warranty issues, pain in the arse, like an insurance company looking for every way to not pay out . Halfords !! Noooooooo

We can supply the springs from via the forum shop for the same price dispatched within 48hrs on an overnight delivery if your interested
Local VAG bodyshop fitted my springs for £105 + vat while van was in for work, independant garages would be similar price i reckon, save yourself £100 ?
WHATS THE PRICE FOR SPRINGS,, SPORTLINE 30MM DROP,,

image.jpeg image.jpeg Just had the sportline 30mm springs fitted today at the main dealers. Very happy with results done in 3 hours while I waited.
I asked about about fitting none vw springs regarding warranty claims, and I was right in my thinking that they would not cover any issues related to none vw springs, same as mapping on engines while under warranty . I guess you take your chance and we all want different things out of our vehicles. I just need a set of 18" sportlines now to finish it off !! , couple of photos to see the difference.

View attachment 1543 View attachment 1542 Just had the sportline 30mm springs fitted today at the main dealers. Very happy with results done in 3 hours while I waited.
I asked about about fitting none vw springs regarding warranty claims, and I was right in my thinking that they would not cover any issues related to none vw springs, same as mapping on engines while under warranty . I guess you take your chance and we all want different things out of our vehicles. I just need a set of 18" sportlines now to finish it off !! , couple of photos to see the difference.
@superflyguy ill be picking my van up Friday afternoon with the 30mm sportline springs and 18" T5.1 matte black alloys. I'll post pics to show you. Can't wait.

@Twoguns it feels a better ride too just with the minimal drop, the rear does look higher but I expected it to be at the moment as the van is empty. They are going to sort me a price for the sportlines so I'll see what they come back with.
I look forward to seeing a photo, it'll look great.

@superflyguy ill be picking my van up Friday afternoon with the 30mm sportline springs and 18" T5.1 matte black alloys. I'll post pics to show you. Can't wait.

I'll look forward to seeing that picture, as that's what i've ordered, It could only be better if yours was Blackberry?

Just had -30 mm springs fitted at dealer. £410 fitted, unless you fitted them yourself or got vanstyle to do it then there wasn't that much in it price wise. Talked to a mate of mine who now has his own business but worked at ford previously (manager) and he was explaining that they had people coming in with ford approved springs but fitted elsewhere and warranty claims were not upheld relating to suspension/ bushes etc that had they been fitted by the dealership would have been covered.
Even though he could do me a deal on the springs he was " let the dealer do it, if anything goes wrong there is no wriggle room.. it is a new van and stop being a tight a*** it will only come back and bite you."

Just had -30 mm springs fitted at dealer. £410 fitted, unless you fitted them yourself or got vanstyle to do it then there wasn't that much in it price wise. Talked to a mate of mine who now has his own business but worked at ford previously (manager) and he was explaining that they had people coming in with ford approved springs but fitted elsewhere and warranty claims were not upheld relating to suspension/ bushes etc that had they been fitted by the dealership would have been covered.
Even though he could do me a deal on the springs he was " let the dealer do it, if anything goes wrong there is no wriggle room.. it is a new van and stop being a tight a*** it will only come back and bite you."
Exactly what I did @Stevefrs , happy with the 30mm drop too.

I had 30mm VW drop and 18" Sportlines fitted before I took delivery. Happy at the moment but I'd like bigger wheels eventually - once out of warranty I think.

I went for the dealer 30mm drop thinking they where called the Sportline springs. However the box that they put The original springs in said the new springs are Caravelle. Does anyone know if they are the same springs or have they put the wrong ones on.

Caravelle springs are normally 20mm drop
If the box has a part number on it I can run it through etka for you if you want

Back