Dealer Lowering?

T.8ATH

Hi, new member here, first post.

Can anyone please tell me if my VW Van Centre can lower my 2016 T6 by 40mm and not affect the warranty? Also, has anyone done this and know the likely cost?

Many thanks

AFAIK main dealer will only fit genuine or VW supplied parts, the only springs I am aware of them offering are the Eibach 30mm drop which are listed in the T6 accessories brochure

AFAIK main dealer will only fit genuine or VW supplied parts, the only springs I am aware of them offering are the Eibach 30mm drop which are listed in the T6 accessories brochure
Yup that is what we had them do to our T5 - they are the springs that they were using to lower Sportlines.

I've just been quoted £450inc vat , to supply and fit genuine sportline springs at the nearest main dealer.
Didn't think that was too bad, as the springs alone from banwy are £230.

I've just been quoted £450inc vat , to supply and fit genuine sportline springs at the nearest main dealer.
Didn't think that was too bad, as the springs alone from banwy are £230.

Thats not a bad price from a dealer. I have just been quoted 500+vat to supply and fit a spoiler..

We can supply the springs from via the forum shop for the same price dispatched within 48hrs on an overnight delivery if your interested
Local VAG bodyshop fitted my springs for £105 + vat while van was in for work, independant garages would be similar price i reckon, save yourself £100 ?

As far as I know, 30mm lowering springs are still a menu-fitted priced part in the accessories catalogue. If you have a dealer do it, make sure they re-check your wheel alignment afterwards !

I'm having both the spoiler and springs fitted by the dealer, all in it's a few pence under £787+Vat which includes the spoiler being painted.
£450 inc Vat for the springs and fitting is a fair price, think mine worked out at £480 inc

Thats not a bad price from a dealer. I have just been quoted 500+vat to supply and fit a spoiler..

Shop around Jay, the Main dealer i'm using is over £100 cheaper than that, iirc the spoiler is £200+Vat paint and fitting was around £187+Vat, the fitting part of that was 1 hour at £76+Vat

I'm having both the spoiler and springs fitted by the dealer, all in it's a few pence under £787+Vat which includes the spoiler being painted.
£450 inc Vat for the springs and fitting is a fair price, think mine worked out at £480 inc

Shop around Jay, the Main dealer i'm using is over £100 cheaper than that, iirc the spoiler is £200+Vat paint and fitting was around £187+Vat, the fitting part of that was 1 hour at £76+Vat

I have a spoiler on the way from banwy. Going to either fit myself or go to local bodyshop. If you have a solid colour van, they order in ready painted, but i have oryx pearlecent, so price included sending to 3rd party to paint.

Lets just hope I ordered the right one. Managed to order lwb roof bars instead of swb. Cheapest quote i've had to return them is 35 quid...

I didn't ask the dealer what labour only costs would be, I just presumed they would be higher than everybody else. I had a quote of £220 at a none vw centre for labour only.
How does vanstyle manage to supply and fit at such low prices ?

Vanstyle manage to do it because by charging what they do, and having the power to buy in bulk, by doing this they are fully booked for months ahead, better busy all the time making a bit .....;)

Vanstyle manage to do it because by charging what they do, and having the power to buy in bulk, by doing this they are fully booked for months ahead, better busy all the time making a bit .....;)
I don't want to wait months, you know what it's like when you want something doing !!

Are these dealer Eibach 30mm the best option for 18in wheels giving the best alround package I.e handling and looks?

It's just when I went to the dealers it looked noticeable that the front was lower than the back. I know that's where the greatest weight is due to engine but I have also seen the 50mm drop that Custom Vanz do with their 20in wheels and the gap looked very even.

Yes @Twoguns they are the standard vw sportline 30mm springs, I'm also looking for a set of 18" rims, as I'm not to bothered about the slammed look now, more practicality. The van you saw with 50mm and bigger wheels could have had coiloversfitted?.
I think you answered your own question with the front end looking slightly lower, this obviously depends on what or who !! You have in the back.
I also didn't want to lower anymore than 18" and if a spring failed , to have vw say sorry we can't cover you under warranty .

Yes @Twoguns they are the standard vw sportline 30mm springs, I'm also looking for a set of 18" rims, as I'm not to bothered about the slammed look now, more practicality. The van you saw with 50mm and bigger wheels could have had coiloversfitted?.
I think you answered your own question with the front end looking slightly lower, this obviously depends on what or who !! You have in the back.
I also didn't want to lower anymore than 18" and if a spring failed , to have vw say sorry we can't cover you under warranty .
I thought my question would come across like the way you read it, what with the engine causing it to be lower at the front.
The reason I asked was because the Custom Vanz drop looks equall with just springs not coilovers. They are Eibach Pro Kit springs and I have physical seen them on their vans.

What I was trying to get at was if they can achieve that equal gap with Springs then maybe there are better 30mm springs out there than VW ones that would give that equal gap look.

I thought my question would come across like the way you read it, what with the engine causing it to be lower at the front.
The reason I asked was because the Custom Vanz drop looks equall with just springs not coilovers. They are Eibach Pro Kit springs and I have physical seen them on their vans.

What I was trying to get at was if they can achieve that equal gap with Springs then maybe there are better 30mm springs out there than VW ones that would give that equal gap look.
I've no doubt better springs are available , I did look at the Eibach Pro kit 30mm but didn't know what the difference would be, same manufacturer and same drop ? Just thought I'd stick with what vw use as standard on the sportline. I may not even notice much difference with the 30mm drop, as the current height it looks like a monster truck !!
I seem to be limited were I live and I think custovanz is a bit of a journey, I've got a a 2 hour drive next week to have Windows fitted !!

I've no doubt better springs are available , I did look at the Eibach Pro kit 30mm but didn't know what the difference would be, same manufacturer and same drop ? Just thought I'd stick with what vw use as standard on the sportline. I may not even notice much difference with the 30mm drop, as the current height it looks like a monster truck !!
I seem to be limited were I live and I think custovanz is a bit of a journey, I've got a a 2 hour drive next week to have Windows fitted !!
I'm the same, not got much of a clue on this moding game. My vans at the dealer now and I'm signing finance tomorrow. Should be able to pick up Tuesday on wards so wanted to make mind up as to get VW dealer fitted springs or go elsewhere.
I don't want super low and don't want to risk warranty failure.

I'm the same, not got much of a clue on this moding game. My vans at the dealer now and I'm signing finance tomorrow. Should be able to pick up Tuesday on wards so wanted to make mind up as to get VW dealer fitted springs or go elsewhere.
I don't want super low and don't want to risk warranty failure.
Exciting time for you next week then, love mine. I've gone with the set up I mentioned, as when I owned a t5 a while back it already had 20" rims and dropped very low. The ride was hard and I had to hold my breath over every speed bump I came too !!

Exciting time for you next week then, love mine. I've gone with the set up I mentioned, as when I owned a t5 a while back it already had 20" rims and dropped very low. The ride was hard and I had to hold my breath over every speed bump I came too !!
Well excited but the lowering/wheel size is doing my head in!!!! I really like the look of the Custom Vanz GT and GTS look of the 50mm drop and 20in wheels but worried about warranty.
I spoke to dealer about would I be covered with the 50mm/20in combination and he said it's a grey area and would not give a yes or no. He said if any problem occurred a detailed write up along with photographs are sent off to the warranty department and they decide if there's a claim.
I then rung Custom Vanz and they said it won't affect warranty which the sceptical side of me thinks they would say that as they sell this stuff but the other side of me thinks that if there was a problem they wouldn't sell brand new vans with full warranty to customers with the GT and GTS package of 50mm drop and 20in wheels as if any problem occurred and VW didn't cover the repair it would cost Custom Vanz dearly both financially and reputation.

@Twoguns l guess you really need to think about what you are going to use the van for, I plan on visiting camp sites etc, so I don't want to have to worry about driving along uneven ground, mud etc without bottoming out .
Also your van will drop even lower if your fitting out with units beds etc.
I wonder if anyone on here has had to try and claim from vw following suspension issues ?
If you really liked the customvanz vans, go for it, I'm sure people have never experienced any problems in all the time they have dropped there vans , and I'm not against the look , I think they look great but not practical for my needs

Back