Dealer Lowering?

Gents, I have a T6 Kombi DSG which is due for delivery in 12 weeks (hopefully less). I am considering fitting 18" wheels and lowering by 30mm.
I discussed with the dealer and he advised against it as, "its squeaky and annoying and very crashy in the back when not under load" Is this your experience or would you say he is talking guff?

Could anyone tell me what the ground clearance is after the 30mm drop?
Im running 18" sportline wheels with 40mm drop and its ok, obviously its a bit of a firmer ride but thats why i did it as felt a bit floay in the bends
I would agree though that if you have a T32 (stiffer springs) and run empty the rear end can feel a bit bumpy but its fine when you have a couple toolboxes etc in there

Good spot @Dino they have not been added
Just confirmed price (following VW new year price increase) on the two versions
£235 delivered Front axle weight up to 1550kgs
£230 delivered Front axle weight over 1550kgs
Will get them in the shop at some point but if anyone needs a set just send me a message

Well I'm glad i read this thread, looks like all my questions have been asked ;) wouldn't suppose anyone is happy to put a pick up of any 18" wheels on a 30mm drop? In my head it doesn't seem enough as i can put my head in my wheel arches at their current height :laugh: but i feel more comfortable getting the sportline springs fitted by the dealer.

Well I'm glad i read this thread, looks like all my questions have been asked ;) wouldn't suppose anyone is happy to put a pick up of any 18" wheels on a 30mm drop? In my head it doesn't seem enough as i can put my head in my wheel arches at their current height :laugh: but i feel more comfortable getting the sportline springs fitted by the dealer.
Here's mine with a 30mm drop and 18" Sportlines. The back don't look to bad in this picture but I think it's just the light or lack of light in the arch which makes it seem lower than it actually is. In the flesh so to speak the difference between the front and back is very noticeable. Just for info there is nothing in the back apart from the Kombi seats. Hope this helps
IMG_2124.JPG

Here's mine with a 30mm drop and 18" Sportlines. The back don't look to bad in this picture but I think it's just the light or lack of light in the arch which makes it seem lower than it actually is. In the flesh so to speak the difference between the front and back is very noticeable. Just for info there is nothing in the back apart from the Kombi seats. Hope this helps
View attachment 5021
Ooooo nice motor @Twoguns :inlove: i can handle that look, especially when the back has my full conversion in. I think your van is exactly what i wanted to see, nice but practical. Is that Limo tint on the sides? rear as well? how much darker did that make the inside?

Ooooo nice motor @Twoguns :inlove: i can handle that look, especially when the back has my full conversion in. I think your van is exactly what i wanted to see, nice but practical. Is that Limo tint on the sides? rear as well? how much darker did that make the inside?
Cheers bud. Yes it's Limo tint back and sides over the already slightly tinted Kombi windows.
Really pleased with how it looks now compared to how it was before. I'm not going full camper so the darker interior doesn't worry me as at most I'll have a bed in the back and that's it. Hope this helps.

Cheers bud. Yes it's Limo tint back and sides over the already slightly tinted Kombi windows.
Really pleased with how it looks now compared to how it was before. I'm not going full camper so the darker interior doesn't worry me as at most I'll have a bed in the back and that's it. Hope this helps.
@Twoguns yeah that's excellent thanks, I want mine dark as I'll have my bikes in there and anything to stop prying eyes, limo tint it is then :)

IMG_1685.JPG Any body got a pic of the 40mm eibachs or 40mm h&r or cobra to compare the look of 30,40,50mm drop
Be interesting to see the diffence in looksbet walski will show up on here with a pic fully slammed :rofl:
Pic of mine empty running 50mm eibachs sits abit high on the rear empty

As far as I know, 30mm lowering springs are still a menu-fitted priced part in the accessories catalogue. If you have a dealer do it, make sure they re-check your wheel alignment afterwards !
I'd second that suggestion, my steering was off after having the springs and 18" Sportlines fitted, had to take the van back and get it sorted, it was pushing my OCD button to the max!

Reactions: HHO
I'm looking at all these with interest, just had my T28 a week and it feels like it's on stilts. Measured it tonight and there's 130mm clearance from wheel arch to tyre! Not a fan of big wheels so will be sticking to 17s but not sure if 30mm drop will be enough

IMG_1328.JPG
I'm looking at all these with interest, just had my T28 a week and it feels like it's on stilts. Measured it tonight and there's 130mm clearance from wheel arch to tyre! Not a fan of big wheels so will be sticking to 17s but not sure if 30mm drop will be enough
This is how mine was delivered with standard springs and 17s

Mine is on 30mm dealer fitted lowering springs. Takes a good amount of roll out of what you get with the stock ride height, but still looks too high. Saving up for the B14's, won't consider anything else.

T6paul they are 20" with a 50mm drop think they fill the arches well

It's a great look, how does it ride?

I was considering the 40mm H&R's but I think the standard 30mm drop with 18" may be a better option in case of future warranty issues ?

Back