Dealer Lowering?

They may be ok, caravelles run a 20mm drop as standard but im sure there are other options for them, its hard to imagine a dealer could put the wrong ones on ?

They may be ok, caravelles run a 20mm drop as standard but im sure there are other options for them, its hard to imagine a dealer could put the wrong ones on ?
We will see, you have more confidence than me. Have a look at my van in the team grey and see what you think. I know it's hard to tell just 10mm difference in a photo but it would be nice if it was a bit lower. The tyres are 225/45/18 if that helps give a perspective..

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Just got off my lazy arise and took a picture of what I think you need @Pauly. If it's to trouble could you check which ones they have fitted.

I still have my box with the take-offs in. Same part number without the "A" at the end on mine?

@Twoguns these are exactly the same as mine fitted at vw last week, they are 30mm and the ones listed in the accessories brochure. They are the heavy duty ones apparently, I'm sure they are Eibach but just boxed as a vw part.

@Twoguns these are exactly the same as mine fitted at vw last week, they are 30mm and the ones listed in the accessories brochure. They are the heavy duty ones apparently, I'm sure they are Eibach but just boxed as a vw part.
That was another of my concerns, there was no mention of Eibach anywhere. So thought they may of tried passing off cheaper springs as I did get them down to £400 inc vat fitted which seems a really good price seeing what some of you guys paid and what they originally quoted.

That was another of my concerns, there was no mention of Eibach anywhere. So thought they may of tried passing off cheaper springs as I did get them down to £400 inc vat fitted which seems a really good price seeing what some of you guys paid and what they originally quoted.
I even measured mine before and after and they are definitely sitting around 30mm , front slightly lower ;-)

Gents, I have a T6 Kombi DSG which is due for delivery in 12 weeks (hopefully less). I am considering fitting 18" wheels and lowering by 30mm.
I discussed with the dealer and he advised against it as, "its squeaky and annoying and very crashy in the back when not under load" Is this your experience or would you say he is talking guff?

Could anyone tell me what the ground clearance is after the 30mm drop?

Gents, I have a T6 Kombi DSG which is due for delivery in 12 weeks (hopefully less). I am considering fitting 18" wheels and lowering by 30mm.
I discussed with the dealer and he advised against it as, "its squeaky and annoying and very crashy in the back when not under load" Is this your experience or would you say he is talking guff?

That's what I have and intending to do, if the springs ever turn up. Watching with interest.

I've got dealer fit 18"s and 30mm drop. No problems with mine apart from a wheel alignment issue which was easily sorted.

He is talking guff. I have 18" wheels and the dealer fit 30mm drop and its fine

Back