Just as another look at systems we can supply outside of the OEM stuff. Alex (Instagram @that_candywhitecaddy) came up today for a Sony XAV-AX3005DB headunit and Reverse camera. The USB connection installed OEM style and DAB aerial fitted and retaining all the steering wheel control function etc.

2021-12-05__14.32.05.jpeg

2021-12-05__14.32.45.jpeg

20211205_132755.jpg

20211205_134121.jpg

20211205_131741.jpg

20211205_131718.jpg

20211205_131701.jpg

Well xmas is fast approaching and the diary is now full until the new year with exception to the 28th, it's the only day we've got!

Few new additions we can now supply various brands of suspension/coilovers from Stance, Eibach and Bilstein and we're working on more.

Also we can now supply Transporter HQ products at the same price you'd pay for them through their website, the benefit of getting them through us is we can arrange fitting and any coding that might need doing and all you have to do is deal with one company instead of 2!

The reverse cameras are going down a storm! We can also now supply and fit multifunction steering wheels these can also be re-trimmed to your taste.

Busy old month and we haven't achieved everything we wanted to, there was a small family emergency from the guys we use for our mechanical work at Phantom Autoworx which had a small impact on service but everything is back on track.

If we don't update anytime soon Tracy and I both wish you all a Merry Xmas and a Happy New year!

So today's job. @T6ARF came to the unit to give his current audio system a serious kick in the arse.

Matt hasn't scrimpt on cost but hasn't broken into his life savings either. He listened to my advice and had the below installed.
Headunit replaced for a Sony XAV-AX3250 retaining all of the factory functions important to him, including USB and Steering controls.
Audison APK165 component speakers installed to match the rear Audison APX6.5 coaxial rear speakers
⚰️ Doors have had our premium deadening package. Outer and inner door skins have had Dodo Mat 2 stage system applied consisting of Deadn and Liner. The door card has been lined using the Dodo Mat liner too.

The sound quality and clarity is night and day. Punchy low end, clear mid/bass and crisp high frequency response. Matt is a happy bunny!

If he decides he wants more that's not an issue the system can easily be upgraded to the fully amplified system with the Audison SR5.600 amp and 10" sub that would be installed under the drivers seat.

20220103_083404.jpg

20220103_111109.jpg

20220103_103123.jpg

20220103_111453.jpg

20220103_170203.jpg

So today's job. @T6ARF came to the unit to give his current audio system a serious kick in the arse.

Matt hasn't scrimpt on cost but hasn't broken into his life savings either. He listened to my advice and had the below installed.
Headunit replaced for a Sony XAV-AX3250 retaining all of the factory functions important to him, including USB and Steering controls.
Audison APK165 component speakers installed to match the rear Audison APX6.5 coaxial rear speakers
⚰️ Doors have had our premium deadening package. Outer and inner door skins have had Dodo Mat 2 stage system applied consisting of Deadn and Liner. The door card has been lined using the Dodo Mat liner too.

The sound quality and clarity is night and day. Punchy low end, clear mid/bass and crisp high frequency response. Matt is a happy bunny!

If he decides he wants more that's not an issue the system can easily be upgraded to the fully amplified system with the Audison SR5.600 amp and 10" sub that would be installed under the drivers seat.

View attachment 140345

View attachment 140346

View attachment 140347

View attachment 140348

View attachment 140349
I do like that clean button-less headunit

Cheers mate I'll respond shortly.

View attachment 140345

View attachment 140346

View attachment 140347

View attachment 140348

View attachment 140349
I’ve not had much of a chance to have a play around with the new Sony head unit as yet due to being back at work today, so I’ll come back with a more in-depth review when I can, but as Chris says the difference is ‘night and day’!
Driving home from work tonight the true sound of the music is very evident in comparison to the factory setup.
There was a lot of work involved yesterday and @Dav-Tec (Chris) did an amazing job as always!

Really pleased so far and will follow this up as soon as I can.

That headunit looks very smart.....if it maintains all the functionality of the mfsw controls and reversing sensors, I could be tempted. I'll wait for the review whilst the money burns a hole in the wife's pockets

View attachment 140345

View attachment 140346

View attachment 140347

View attachment 140348

View attachment 140349
Can any of you guys recommend a good quality ‘short’ lightning to USB cable for use in the van for Apple CarPlay?
If you can see in the picture Chris has fitted the USB for the head unit right under where my phone is, so I only need a cable of about 100mm?

Cheers fella’s!:thumbsup:

Can any of you guys recommend a good quality ‘short’ lightning to USB cable for use in the van for Apple CarPlay?
If you can see in the picture Chris has fitted the USB for the head unit right under where my phone is, so I only need a cable of about 100mm?

Cheers fella’s!:thumbsup:
Amazon

CBAA646B-3E74-47DC-B1CF-AC4D3CA1B272.png

Just make sure if it isn't an Apple lead that it can do data too as CarPlay is thirsty for data

Ok so this is just to follow up from the work that I had done with @Dav-Tec on Monday.

I’ve been talking to Chris for a while about having my cab doors fully sound deadened and insulated, as these are the only area of the van I haven’t yet done…. and while the doors are apart, it’d be rude not to have a speaker upgrade for better sound.

So Chris recommended the Audison Prima APK165’s for the doors and these come with a direct replacement but much upgraded tweeter for the A pillar. In between time I’ve been considering changing the head unit too, again for better sound quality, but also for the Apple CarPlay feature for maps and music as this is what I mostly use in the van. Chris recommended the Sony XAV-AX3250 amongst others, but I really like the Sony head units I’ve had in previous vehicles, so I decided on that one.

We got this work booked in for Monday 3rd January (bank holiday) as Chris was fully booked up and keen to get the job done before he had a knee operation on Friday 7th January. As I said in my previous post there was a lot of work involved, most of which you can’t see, but for me to know it’s all there and done right is very satisfying.

I’ll try and remember everything that was done, but if I do forget anything, I’ll be happy for @Dav-Tec to jump in especially with any technical info that might be helpful to others.

Tweeters replaced in the A pillars.
Doors fully sound deadened and insulated on both the outer and inner panels with Dodo Mat Deadn Hex and 6mm Dodo Super Liner.
Speakers fitted to the inner panel.
Door cards insulated with 6mm Dodo Super Liner.
Head unit replaced.
Head unit USB point installed on my side of the dash while retaining a charging USB point in the original factory point.
Replacement voice microphone in the original factory point as the original was not compatible with the new head unit.

For me, the upgrade was all about improving the sound of the original factory setup and this has been achieved with the whole package of deadening the doors, new speakers and a new head unit. To say I’m pleased would be a massive understatement! The doors now feel amazing…. both to open and close compared to how they were…. even though I already had the extra door seals (sounds like a Golf), they now sound much better than a Golf…. solid to open and a very satisfying thud when they close. A much more comfortable and warm feeling in the cab too with the extra insulation. With the original head unit/speakers I always considered the sound to be ‘tinny’ even with the bass at its highest…. the sound now is true sound and amazing! At home I listen to music through a Bose speaker from my iPad so always compared the van to this, but now I can say even from the limited time I’ve had with the new setup I’m really, really happy with the sound in the van.

The new USB point that Chris does is just a nice touch too…. it sits in one of the blanking plates directly under the right air vents and this is where I have my phone, so no need for scruffy looking charging cables draped all over the dash. As I said above, 95% of the work involved you can’t see, the new head unit is the only obvious difference, but what a great job/upgrade!

Big thanks to @Dav-Tec (Chris)!:thumbsup:

Ok so this is just to follow up from the work that I had done with @Dav-Tec on Monday.

I’ve been talking to Chris for a while about having my cab doors fully sound deadened and insulated, as these are the only area of the van I haven’t yet done…. and while the doors are apart, it’d be rude not to have a speaker upgrade for better sound.

So Chris recommended the Audison Prima APK165’s for the doors and these come with a direct replacement but much upgraded tweeter for the A pillar. In between time I’ve been considering changing the head unit too, again for better sound quality, but also for the Apple CarPlay feature for maps and music as this is what I mostly use in the van. Chris recommended the Sony XAV-AX3250 amongst others, but I really like the Sony head units I’ve had in previous vehicles, so I decided on that one.

We got this work booked in for Monday 3rd January (bank holiday) as Chris was fully booked up and keen to get the job done before he had a knee operation on Friday 7th January. As I said in my previous post there was a lot of work involved, most of which you can’t see, but for me to know it’s all there and done right is very satisfying.

I’ll try and remember everything that was done, but if I do forget anything, I’ll be happy for @Dav-Tec to jump in especially with any technical info that might be helpful to others.

Tweeters replaced in the A pillars.
Doors fully sound deadened and insulated on both the outer and inner panels with Dodo Mat Deadn Hex and 6mm Dodo Super Liner.
Speakers fitted to the inner panel.
Door cards insulated with 6mm Dodo Super Liner.
Head unit replaced.
Head unit USB point installed on my side of the dash while retaining a charging USB point in the original factory point.
Replacement voice microphone in the original factory point as the original was not compatible with the new head unit.

For me, the upgrade was all about improving the sound of the original factory setup and this has been achieved with the whole package of deadening the doors, new speakers and a new head unit. To say I’m pleased would be a massive understatement! The doors now feel amazing…. both to open and close compared to how they were…. even though I already had the extra door seals (sounds like a Golf), they now sound much better than a Golf…. solid to open and a very satisfying thud when they close. A much more comfortable and warm feeling in the cab too with the extra insulation. With the original head unit/speakers I always considered the sound to be ‘tinny’ even with the bass at its highest…. the sound now is true sound and amazing! At home I listen to music through a Bose speaker from my iPad so always compared the van to this, but now I can say even from the limited time I’ve had with the new setup I’m really, really happy with the sound in the van.

The new USB point that Chris does is just a nice touch too…. it sits in one of the blanking plates directly under the right air vents and this is where I have my phone, so no need for scruffy looking charging cables draped all over the dash. As I said above, 95% of the work involved you can’t see, the new head unit is the only obvious difference, but what a great job/upgrade!

Big thanks to @Dav-Tec (Chris)!:thumbsup:
Pics please!

Back