Dashboard centre storage hole

I tried fitting my one earlier. Ended up loosing 2 clips.
I had to take the clips out of the dash l, fit them on the lid tabs. Then pudh them in place.
The side ones still didn't look right. So pushed down too hard and lost the clips.
So it looks OK without them for now.
Do you have the part number for the clips ?

I tried the van x cover in the summer but returned it as the fit was rubbish. Does anyone know if they have sorted the design or any more recent solutions?

I tried the van x cover in the summer but returned it as the fit was rubbish. Does anyone know if they have sorted the design or any more recent solutions?

I've just asked Van X, they said they've finished designing an improved version and it has gone to mass production, they're expecting to have them in stock in around 6-8 weeks time.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

I've just asked Van X, they said they've finished designing an improved version and it has gone to mass production, they're expecting to have them in stock in around 6-8 weeks time.

Nice one thanks for the heads up, will keep an eye out for that

did you get a re designed version in the end mate? cant see it on thier website

did you get a re designed version in the end mate? cant see it on thier website

Last I heard from Van X was on the 17th May:

”Unfortunately this is taking a bit longer than we expected, and it has been pushed back slightly from the factory”

Update from Van X:

"We would like to advise that the updated version has now left the factory and is estimated to arrive to us around 14th August. We will contact you as soon as we have received the stock"

Update from Van X:

"We would like to advise that the updated version has now left the factory and is estimated to arrive to us around 14th August. We will contact you as soon as we have received the stock"
Thanks for passing on, i'm sure they have also updated the price!!

Clips also too long on my highline kombi. For 54 pounds i would expect alot higher quality. Plus you can see the clips inside which you cant for the OEM trim. As a result you can see the gap from the outside of the van. Mine will be going back to Van-x!!

View attachment 120861

View attachment 120862

I asked Van X what the differences are from the previous version, those of you that have tried the original, does this sound like it might be an improvement:

'The clips have been updated on this product for a smoother fit'

I asked Van X what the differences are from the previous version, those of you that have tried the original, does this sound like it might be an improvement:

The clips were too long and left it sitting proud at the back.
I cut mine down with a Dremel and created a new tang with a soldering iron.
Still needed lubing though (cue @JOG )

yes definitely, for the cost (think it was about £60 ) the previous version didn't fit well at all

Back