Comfort Dash cigarette lighter removal

Devaprem

Hello. I am replacing the centre console comfort dash as the centre console storage compartment closable lid broke. I have the VW replacement part and have managed to remove the old one.... except I cannot find a way to get the cigarette lighter out of the old one! I've read the thread Cigarette Lighter socket removal? but mine looks different at the back. There's a lot more plastic at the rear. I've also realised that I might need to get a VW 12v socket extraction tool but I'm not confident it would work in this case as there's very little flat surface for it to push against when removing the inner metal part. I could just buy a new socket if there's no simple solution. Does anyone have any ideas about how to solve this?

12V socket 1.jpeg

12V socket 2.jpeg

12V socket 3.jpeg

T6 Comfort dash centre console front.jpeg

T6 Comfort dash centre console rear.jpeg

Update. I have managed to remove the green and black plastic part that piggy backs on top of the cigarette lighter - a small screw driver pressed into one side of the green part of the body undoes it. It's purpose is to provide electrical conductivity from the rear centre contact to the metal body of the socket. Now, having loosened two lugs inside the socket (at 12 and at 6 o'clock) there is some play when I try rotating it but no movement when I try pulling it out. There are two plastic lugs at 9 and 6 o'clock that mate with two holes in the metal socket and these seem to be stopping it being pulled out. I've attached new photos. Does anyone have an ideas on how to remove the metal socket and then the plastic shroud?

12V socket 5.jpeg

12V socket 6.jpeg

12V socket 7.jpeg

green & black piggy back part.jpeg

IMG_6446.jpeg

IMG_6447.jpeg

Back