For Sale Custom Grille Badges

Well, sort of 'for sale'. I'm building slowly up to be able to make custom grille badges for the T6 and T6.1 as a hobby. The idea is that you can tell me what you want your grille badge to say, or what design you want on it, I can send you a computer visualisation to approve, then I can make it for you and post it to you. Got a good grip on 3D design (that's what I do for a living) and am getting much more confident with 3D printing with exterior grade materials and paint finishes, which are a hobby.

The image shows the badge I made for our family van (the Black Dog club was named by my son, and consists of him, me and my wife, in case you were wondering :) ).

There are at least 4 OEM T6 grille shapes:
  • T6 Startline
  • T6 Highline upwards
  • T6.1 Startline
  • T6.1 Highline upwards
At the moment, I have in my mitts a T6 Startline and T6 Highline grille, so can only make badges for those models. I intend to carry on my search for cheapish crash-damaged grilles so I can make badges for the T6.1 too, but at the moment (unless I've added an update below) I cannot help. If anyone does have a damaged T6.1 grille, let me know - happy to pay postage and do a free badge or two in return.

The badge has a complex 3D shape and fits in just one place on the grille - which is exactly where the 4Motion badge goes, and clips on - no tools or bumper removal needed. If you've got a 4Motion badge, or you've got something else there, like a laser lamp, that won't work. In time, more positions might be possible - will depend on demand.

They're made from 3D printed PETG, which is UV resistant and waterproof. Paint is standard automotive paint with a gloss or matte lacquer. I've just got access to an air brush, so I expect the paint finish will get more refined than shown in the images - I'll post some pics. The colours in the photos below are black on gunmetal grey with a

Not sure what the price will be eventually, but I'm willing to do a small number at £0.00 to see if people like them, and to help me understand what makes people happy. That's why this is a 'for sale' thread - I aim to start charging but would like to keep everything in one thread.

So, ONLY if you have a T6 Startline grille or T6 Highline grille, and want a badge, I'll say yes to the first four (or so) who post below, @Dave A, @nomislotsirb, @murphyabu and @markt6uk have first dibs because they asked already in the 3D printing thread where this idea was born, but I don't know what grilles you've got. @Bav - I haven't yet got a 6.1 grille so can't help you yet - so sorry - you're first on the list when I get that grille.

Thanks to Admin for letting me do this. It really is my favourite forum / community on the internet - I mean that.

Take care

View attachment 189598View attachment 189599
I would be interested in one of these saying Miranda for my T6 2017 Highline, no urgency as it looks like you’ve been inundated with requests.

104AE5BF-91CB-4BCA-8B8F-BD1C91128A04.jpeg

i had to Doogle that . . . .

++++++++++++++++

Swifted

To be in a short and unsatisfying relationship with Taylor Swift, only to have a write an insulting song about you after you break up.

Person 1: Did you hear? Harry Styles and Taylor Swift just broke up! He's totally about to be swifted!!

Person 2: Really? I guess he's about to join the ranks of Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer, and all those other poor fools who got caught in the witch's trap.

Person 1: Wow, maybe she's the problem.

Person 2: It doesn't matter to her since she gets paid for every guy she swifts

++++++++++++++++++

Not true - I think you have to shag her first!

Oh ok, I’ll give it a go!

Could almost be a self portrait, yes
Nope, you aren’t that good looking!!!

Nope, you aren’t that good looking!!!
I take it back! From behind you might be!

I’d like two please, both for caravelles.

1. T6 - Black with white writing saying Lovely

2. T5.1 - Black with white but writing to be confirmed.

Reactions: CJW
@CJW

Please can I have a custom badge for the RHS of the grill.? To complement the T6Forum badge I have on the left.?

Saying @Dellmassive

With black text and silver background?

Same as the other one, but opposite side and a colour swap.

20230324_073351.jpg

@CJW

Please can I have a custom badge for the RHS of the grill.? To complement the T6Forum badge I have on the left.?

Saying @Dellmassive

With black text and silver background?

Same as the other one, but opposite side and a colour swap.

View attachment 193457
Hi Lee. Short answer is yes. Long answer is I need to do a few trial prints for that side, so might take me a little while. But definitely on it. :thumbsdown:

Very nearly - one or two more prototypes to get the fit perfect but getting very close. Until I saw this by @Drifterman - which appears to be a different grille to the standard 6.1 Highline so will need to find out more about that variant. But if you've got the standard 6.1 HL grille, won't be long at all. And we can all thank @Bav for the loan of the grille to create the fitting.
Ahhh, that makes sense @CJW - yes, I’ve got the ABT front end.
Not to worry, looks like you’ve got your hands full with plenty interested peeps for now anyway!

Love how this little sideline is taking off. Let me know when the rush has eased and I’ll pop in an order
Thanks JOG. I will do. I have to say I feel a bit more part of the family now - I’ve even had JOG and SackmyCook doing what they do best in this thread. :)

Big thanks @Bav for the loan of the T6.1 Highline grille. After much time trying to emulate the T6 badge position, I just happened to notice that VW appear to have left a slot that is EXACTLY the same shape as the T6 badges in the new T6.1 grille and some handy small slots to fit to. I’ve now got a rock-solid connection in that position. The last test-fit black 3D print wasn’t really visible in photos so I put some blue masking tape over it - this is where the T6.1 badges will go. It fits beautifully.

So, can now do T6.1 Highline orders and Bav, I’ll drop your grille off one night this week if that’s OK?

B0F52ACC-569C-47FD-8018-4185A7F02AFD.jpeg3B9B08F2-1F14-4CA8-9893-E985F204DF72.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll be up for one, 6.1 highline, let me know when you’ve got time. All look great

CJW, theses look awesome, if you are still adding to your list, I will take one, “Galahad” please. Happy to pay if required.
Thanks in advance.

John
CJW, sorry, when able I would like a gloss black background with Galahad in Red. PM when ready and I will sort payment etc. Thank you. ;)

CJW, sorry, when able I would like a gloss black background with Galahad in Red. PM when ready and I will sort payment etc. Thank you. ;)
I’m moving through the list much more quickly now. Will be with you shortly.

Back