Central electrics F8AC393A0A212011002009342C2B9C540F90730F604349E03204003F0800
Engine 00194014432401090000

Reactions: mmi
Some guesswork -

It looks like on T6 EU6 installing/coding MFSW possibly implies that also CC buttons are present on MFSW (as in post #165 fault P0568).
On T6 EU6 T73b pin 36 is used to communicate from MFSW to BCM (J519, Central electrics).

On T6 EU5 respectively T73b pin 17 is used for the communication - perhaps far-fetched but if you are willing to experiment could try this:
1) Move wire from T73b pin 36 to T73b pin 17 (alternative LIN bus)​
2) Install MFSW - byte 9 bit 3 ==> "1" (ticked)​
3) "Unknown" byte 17 bit 5 ==> "1" (ticked)​
Please check for the MFSW and CC operation after each change (1,2,3) (+faults in engine and central electrics)​

Just a note:
The following shouldn't be relevant to MFSW but was on rod_vw's scan (I believe it's related to LED headlights)​
byte 29 bit 5 ==> "1" (ticked) (Thus byte 29 would be "20")​

So I have moved from pin 36 to pin 17 recoded it and all is good and working with no faults at all I did ask some else today about and they also confirmed pin 36 is for mfsw with cc on and pin 17 is for mfsw with cc on the stalk
Thanks for everyone's input in getting this sorted

:waving:
Thanks for confirming and reporting back. Excellent information for future reference. Really appreciated.

So I have moved from pin 36 to pin 17 recoded it and all is good and working with no faults at all I did ask some else today about and they also confirmed pin 36 is for mfsw with cc on and pin 17 is for mfsw with cc on the stalk
Thanks for everyone's input in getting this sorted
Hi, I have this same issues you experienced with fault code u0146, I have factory cruise on the stalk. On 2017 t6 euro 6. Fitted mfsw from a polo with no cc. Did you swap the pins 17 and 36 over or did you just leave original wire that was in pin17 disconnected?
Cheers in advance.

Hi mate I le
Hi, I have this same issues you experienced with fault code u0146, I have factory cruise on the stalk. On 2017 t6 euro 6. Fitted mfsw from a polo with no cc. Did you swap the pins 17 and 36 over or did you just leave original wire that was in pin17 disconnected?
Cheers in advance.
Hi mate
I didn't change the anything of the original wiring loom I would imagine if you had cruise control on stalk originally it wouldn't be anything to do with it did you had mfsw originally

Had this a few times. Did you enter the security code when you coded the ECU? It's not a must but had a few vans that was funny with it also do a battery reset this often has sorted this issue for me the ECU and BCM don't always seem to like being coded

Hi mate I le

Hi mate
I didn't change the anything of the original wiring loom I would imagine if you had cruise control on stalk originally it wouldn't be anything to do with it did you had mfsw originally
Have you wired the two new wires for the mfsw

So I’m trying to add mfsw, added 2 wires from pins 9 to 12v on light plug. Then 10 I went to pin 17 on the bcm white plug, spliced into green and blue wire. Coded nothing worked other than the button lights. Put wire into pin 36 instead and some of the buttons work on the right but not as they should. but still have the u0146 code with eml on.

Had this a few times. Did you enter the security code when you coded the ECU? It's not a must but had a few vans that was funny with it also do a battery reset this often has sorted this issue for me the ECU and BCM don't always seem to like being coded
I’ve done battery reset nothing. Security code in central electrics? Tried but can’t get the right code for it

So I’m trying to add mfsw, added 2 wires from pins 9 to 12v on light plug. Then 10 I went to pin 17 on the bcm white plug, spliced into green and blue wire. Coded nothing worked other than the button lights. Put wire into pin 36 instead and some of the buttons work on the right but not as they should. but still have the u0146 code with eml on.
Pin 36 is for cc on the steering wheel 17 for cc on stalk does the horn work

Have you repinned the plug at the back of the stalks?

Move one of the black/yellow wires from pin 26 (or 29, as they are connected) to pin 11.

Move the black/blue wire from pin 28 to pin 9. This supplies +12v. Don't do this if you've already put power to pin 9

Move blue wire from pin 31 to pin 10. The other end, in the white T73b connector of BCM will need moving from pin 46 to the pin 36. Again not needed if you have added this wire in already.

Remove the black and yellow CCS wire from pin 45 on the BCM connector T73b.

So I have done that all bar removing the ccs wire from pin 45. I put pin 26 back to standard as I didn’t think it changed anything but I will try redoing it tomorrow see how it goes. Cheers.

So I have done that all bar removing the ccs wire from pin 45. I put pin 26 back to standard as I didn’t think it changed anything but I will try redoing it tomorrow see how it goes. Cheers.
You definately need a CCS wire from pin 11 to the ECU this is the trigger signal when you use steering wheel buttons without it CCS won't work.

Iirc pin 45 at the BCM needs disconnecting to stop signal confusion at the BCM as it's a different method of triggering CCS.

Pin10 is Lin Bus and sends all your button commands to the BCM volume up/down speed up/down etc. With the exception of CCS on/off that is done by sending a 12v signal from pin11 to the ECU itself. Hope this helps

So this is the case even if I’m keeping the original ccs on the stalk as I’m using non ccs wheel? Just to clarify.
Appreciate the info.

Sorry no I thought earlier you said you was converting from CCS on stalk to steering wheel.

Ok so pin 10 at the wheel should go to pin 17 at them BCM if you're keep CCS on the stalk. Keep all the other wiring as per factory and just put power to pin 9.

Have you got VCDS?

Sorry for any confusion.

Chris

Last edited:
Back