Courtesy light for side door camper

Barley53

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I'd like to to install a courtesy footwell light or side bar lights for the side entrance to my t6 camper, my Highline doesn't have anything in place. Can someone advise where I'd get the feed from?

I've installed footwell lights from the glove box, and puddle lights from tge wiring behind the door panels, for the side door I've come across suggestions that something in the B pillar might work? Thanks.

If you don’t have step lights already then I don’t think there will be anything at the bottom of the b pillar. You could pick up the courtesy circuit wiring from the loom that passes the top of the passenger b pillar or at the connector plugs behind the glove box.

Last edited:
I currently have my 6.1 HL stripped out and installing the wiring. My side sliding door foot step has a courtesy light already so easy for me. Otherwise its back to the Fuse box under the dash or the roof courtesy lights at top of B pillar.

I have a bunch of permanently live wires under the Passenger seat which is where I put the Battery. One of the wires is a 16mm2 cable so that is what I used to connect my battery charger to both batteries. I needed a switched live for the battery charger so fed a cable from fuse box through dash under the carpet to the Passenger seat. Bit fiddley but once done its a top job.

Hello everyone. Quick photo of my tapping into the courtesy light timed live above the b pillar for the sliding door step light.
hope this helps someone.
david

5C469303-0709-4D5A-A3D4-145058812139.jpeg

Nice work, how do you know what wire to connect to within that nest?
Red/black courtesy circuit +ve
Brown/red courtesy circuit -ve switched
Brown -ve permanent

Back