Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulR83

2020 T32 199 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hoping for some help with some entry lights for the driver/passenger steps as I cant find an answer.

I have the standard factory footwell lights which work off the courtesy circuit I assume as they go off when you put the ignition on. Can I tap of this and just run a feed directly to the step light?

Looking at buying a male/female plug rather than disconnecting or messing/cutting wires in the BCM etc and tap a feed to the steps. I want 100% plug and play.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196095262159

unless someone knows of a loom already with a T piece or can make one? I know Kufatec do a specific one, but not sure where/how it connects.

KUFATEC

Also, anyone (@Pauly) know the difference between these two steps? Both are stainless, anthracite and assume with light cut out. Prices are the same too.

Drivers side:
7E5863736F HYL

7E5863736D 71N

Other parts I plan to get
Passenger step:
7E5863735C HYL

Lights:
7LC947415AD72A ‘HIGHLINE’

Thanks

Where have you got those part numbers from as they are not adding up to me
The base part number is correct but I have never seen colour codes HYL or 71N ??
From memory all the ones with metal insert are LAX

That left step your listing states aux heater but it’s the wrong side of van for a vented step ??

Steps ordered. Some came up on ebay at a good price so no issues re part numbers.

Can anyone confirm if I can just tap off the existing footwell feed? No funny current sensing going on with this? I cant see anything in the wiring diagrams.
0.5mm cable should be enough to feed a footwell and step light. Just going to make up a plug n play loom.
Thanks

Yes it’s fine to connect to that, just remember they dim on and off though so cheap LED lamps can flicker a bit but most are ok

Ah, OK, that's interesting. Thanks. They will be the genuine led step lights so do they dim from factory?

I just meant the footwell lights do turn on and off they fade in and out

Thanks. I already have the factory footwell lights, so just going to utilise the wiring that's already there for simplicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back