Sliding Door Courtesy Light

miguel 32

VIP Member
Hi
Hoping someone can offer some advice here i recently went to change the sliding door footwell light on my T6.1 assuming it had blown however when i removed the light i discovered that there was no wiring attached to it so can only assume that this was something that the converters had removed. My question is what other wiring can i rewire/connect it to for instance could i use the passenger door wiring or is there a specific wiring loom for the sliding door courtesy light?

Hi
Hoping someone can offer some advice here i recently went to change the sliding door footwell light on my T6.1 assuming it had blown however when i removed the light i discovered that there was no wiring attached to it so can only assume that this was something that the converters had removed. My question is what other wiring can i rewire/connect it to for instance could i use the passenger door wiring or is there a specific wiring loom for the sliding door courtesy light?
From reading other threads I believe the wiring for the light is either at the top or bottom of the B Pillar. It’s worth a search on here as it had been discussed…

I’m guessing your converters used a caravelle step or similar because it’s deeper to cover the camper floor, but didn’t bother to wire the lights in.

When I did this I went down the C pillar from the wiring loom that runs above the door, because it was available to me at that stage of the conversion. As others have said, you could also pick it up from the base of the B pillar and route down behind your step.

Last edited:
There are two different lights with different connection sockets, an adaptor loom is available from VW to convert the connections if your original had the short light and you now have the long one.

I’m guessing your converters used a caravelle step or similar because it’s deeper to cover the camper floor, but didn’t bother to wire the lights in.

When I did this I went down the C pillar from the wiring loom that runs above the door, because it was available to me at that stage of the conversion. As others have said, you could also pick it up from the base of the B pillar and route down behind your step.
Think the B pillar might be my best option here thanks for the info.

There are two different lights with different connection sockets, an adaptor loom is available from VW to convert the connections if your original had the short light and you now have the long one.
hi you don't happen to know the part number by any chance do you ?

Think the B pillar might be my best option here thanks for the info.
Can anyone tell me what colour wires i need to tap into to wire in the footwell lights i managed to remove the B pillar covers and found 2 wiring looms one appears to go to the sliding door lock and the the other goes up towards the van roof which i assume is the one i need i have attached a photo showing the loom which then heads towards the front of the van any help would be greatly appreciated .

tempImageJ6RgAp.png

I would have thought that the van had a step light originally and only needs the correct lamp unit fitting into the new step and connecting up either simply to the socket on the end of the existing loom or if the new light is the longer unit then via the short adaptor loom. I think the adaptor loom part number (if you need it) is 7E0 971 067D price about £15.00 plus VAT.

Hi
Yes I did I traced the wiring from the lights in the front passenger side foot well of the van and basically spliced into the foot well lighting circuit.I then ran a cable under the cab carpet in the front of the van to the side door footwell worked ok.
Hope this helps

Cheers. I've not got footwell lights (T5.1) but I'll have a rummage down there and see what I can find.

Back