Coilover cost dilemma

Ploots

LGV driver
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all happy new year
Having a bit of a meltdown, I'm wanting to get some coilovers as I've possibly mentioned before and kw stx is what I want,the van is currently lowered on h&r springs with standard shocks it's got that saggy arse look that I don't like,its on 20s and it's a full camper, but I'm finding it hard to hit the buy it now because of the price, I know that so many people rate them highly but I'm thinking if there's a good quality cheaper option then that would free up some money for other things that I'm wanting for the bus, I think I know the answer but hoping someone could recommend anything else
Thanks in advance Jeff

Cheap doesn’t equal quality. Learn by so many peoples mistakes, buy the best you can afford, suspension is a hard one, one persons comfortable is another persons nightmare. Speak to Steve at crs or Bognor motors they are very knowledgeable and will point you in the right direction.

Hi all happy new year
Having a bit of a meltdown, I'm wanting to get some coilovers as I've possibly mentioned before and kw stx is what I want,the van is currently lowered on h&r springs with standard shocks it's got that saggy arse look that I don't like,its on 20s and it's a full camper, but I'm finding it hard to hit the buy it now because of the price, I know that so many people rate them highly but I'm thinking if there's a good quality cheaper option then that would free up some money for other things that I'm wanting for the bus, I think I know the answer but hoping someone could recommend anything else
Thanks in advance Jeff
ST-X are the best value coil over on the market, so if it’s coil overs you want then they are the perfect option. £950 including delivery from the cave. £1150 fitted at the cave, those prices include VAT. They will cure the problems you mention above without doubt, great ride, correct the saggy arse and improve handling.

You can cure the ride and the saggy arse without coil overs though; some quality koni shocks and a change of springs could also work. DM us if you would like further details and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Chris.

ST-X are the best value coil over on the market, so if it’s coil overs you want then they are the perfect option. £950 including delivery from the cave. £1150 fitted at the cave, those prices include VAT. They will cure the problems you mention above without doubt, great ride, correct the saggy arse and improve handling.

You can cure the ride and the saggy arse without coil overs though; some quality koni shocks and a change of springs could also work. DM us if you would like further details and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Chris.
Can’t fault that advice!

If you want to try before you buy, We have ST-X, ST-XA and B14K all on vans. You can decide for yourself which is best- we will obviously give you all the help and advise you need in the process. As mentioned above the ST-X are the best bang for buck coilover suspension on the market- you can then spend a little more for the ST-XA with adjustable rebound if you feel this is justified. All kits in stock available for mail order or fit while you wait with a full hunter alignment and by our fully qualified vehicle technicians. ST are basically a rebodied KW shock in a galvanised body instead of stainless so you really are getting a high quality kit, for the best money.

Any decent coilover suspension, as mentioned in the first paragraph, will transform your drive and be the best money you spend on your vehicle. No more saggy bottom.

Best of luck in your search. DM us for more information.

It certainly looks like it will be the stx route I was hoping someone could talk me out of it as for fitting both my son and son in law work for Chris mullins tyres in Gloucester so there on the case and they have a great tracking machine aswell, I should have hit the button over Xmas as transporter hq had 10% off that brought them down to £837

It certainly looks like it will be the stx route I was hoping someone could talk me out of it as for fitting both my son and son in law work for Chris mullins tyres in Gloucester so there on the case and they have a great tracking machine aswell, I should have hit the button over Xmas as transporter hq had 10% off that brought them down to £837
I was about to recommend @The Van Cave but he beat himself to it!! Listen to Chris, he’s the man and its good to support a guy starting up solo!!! he fitted my solows and I couldn’t be happier

Velle Execs are 20mm lower than standard, but the amount of drop any suspension kit give you is measured from standard van/suspension ride height.

@MrSkip van is 60mm lower than when it arrived at the cave, so yes, approx 80mm lower than a standard non Caravelle van. I’ve got the exact measurements at the cave, but I don’t have them to hand.

If you want to try before you buy, We have ST-X, ST-XA and B14K all on vans. You can decide for yourself which is best- we will obviously give you all the help and advise you need in the process. As mentioned above the ST-X are the best bang for buck coilover suspension on the market- you can then spend a little more for the ST-XA with adjustable rebound if you feel this is justified. All kits in stock available for mail order or fit while you wait with a full hunter alignment and by our fully qualified vehicle technicians. ST are basically a rebodied KW shock in a galvanised body instead of stainless so you really are getting a high quality kit, for the best money.

Any decent coilover suspension, as mentioned in the first paragraph, will transform your drive and be the best money you spend on your vehicle. No more saggy bottom.

Best of luck in your search. DM us for more information.
You can't get a better offer than this.
Having the ability to 'try before you buy' is a guaranteed way to get it right first time.

Back