Is my van ULEZ / Clean Air compatible?

paul61

Hi everyone, I am after a bit of advice, I have aT6 Highline euro6 registered September 2015. But on the tfl site it showers it is not compliment with the ulez. How can I prove the vechile is a Euro 6. Thanks

Hi all,

Looking to hopefully purchase a t6 soon, however run into some questions that im struggling to find answers for.

Does anyone know why some EU5 vans dont get flagged up as needing to pay ULEZ in London?
for example Used Vans | Birmingham, Liverpool, Preston & Wrexham | Swansway Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles this one DV65ODJ doesnt need to pay ULEZ according to TFL website but this one does
Used VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER in Hampshire | UNIQUE TRANSPORTER'S RE16 JCV

They seem like the same spec van as far as i can tell?

Also if i did end up going for a Euro 5 van would there be any limitations regarding additions for example Rain Sensor ?

Cheers for you help

From July 2016 the T6 Transitioned from Euro 5 to Euro 6

edit: pressed return prematurely..

So both are Euro 5 and the same rules should apply...??

Last edited:
Both are listed with 140PS Euro 5 engines?

Our Euro5 140 PS T6 would have to pay the charge for the ULEZ but not the LEZ.

Also if i did end up going for a Euro 5 van would there be any limitations regarding additions for example Rain Sensor ?

The Highline Euro 5 has the rain sensor for wipers factory fitted.

Last edited:
So on a follow up to this, whilst being charged to drive into ULEZ doesnt really matter as it would be once in a blue moon, being charged to drive into Birmingham may be an issue.
Can anyone clarify the Birmingham clean air zone as the checker Check if you'll be charged to drive in a Clean Air Zone shows all T6 EU5 that I've checked as being free to drive in, however any new / media i can find suggests they need to be EU6. What does it mean for me? | What does it mean for me? | Brum Breathes.

Is there something obvious im missing with all this?? as i dont want to buy a van and regret it down the line

Cheers

I’ve been driving a T6 Euro 5 2016 reg for over 2 years now, I’ve never had a charge or fine relating to Environmental Zones.
Also never had Adblue issues, snot in the oil filler neck or DPF regen’s.

I’ve been driving a T6 Euro 5 2016 reg for over 2 years now, I’ve never had a charge or fine relating to Environmental Zones.
Also never had Adblue issues, snot in the oil filler neck or DPF regen’s.
It's likely that you have had dpf regens.

I have had my euro5 for 4 years and just had the erg play up 55000 miles.Its great on fuel and probably the last of the good Diesel engines as the emissions have killed them . If you can find one grab it . I get 650 miles on a tank but don’t do much town driving but if I do it still shows 36 mpg. If you have to pay the charge now and then you will still be better of.
Just wish I had LED Lights.

It's likely that you have had dpf regens.
My mistake, I meant to say that I’ve never had a DPF warning light in over 40K miles.
As it’s a pretty torquey 180 I drive like a granny at between 1400 and 2000rpm most of the time and only use the cheapest fuel. Getting about 38MPG indicated, up to 40MPG on motorways.

Cheers, yeah I've no real issue with the euro 5 blocks, just wish the govement/city council could manage to not put out contradicting information. Normally i'll end up (once it comes into effect) the birmingham clean air zone once a week,

Be careful buying a vehicle based on what the websites say. Bath has recently changed its website. A transporter was excepted as free to drive in the clean air zone a few weeks ago, now its not now! And my older T4 caravelle, which has 7 seats, same as many modern estates or SUV's, is classed as a minibus! And my friends T4 original westfalia 4 seater camper van, the same. I except the reasoning from charging large commerical lorries from taking the shortaest route through a town, passing through only, but caravelles and these small VW's are predominantly used by families with kids and no different to estate cars.

Hi I have a T6 registered in November 2015, I understood that this would be exempt from the clean air charges as all vehicles registered after September were exempt.
Is this not correct?
Thanks

Is yours a euro 6.

Hi I have a T6 registered in November 2015, I understood that this would be exempt from the clean air charges as all vehicles registered after September were exempt.
Is this not correct?
Thanks
You have a Euro 5 van (no Adblue), latest standard is Euro 6 (with Adblue). In the UK you can go online and check the city that concerns you.
Same applies with European countries.

Hi
so if you don't use ad blue you will not meet the clean air requirements, is that right??
Thanks

Back