Clean Air Zones - M1, N1, Van with Windows, Motor Caravan?

rod_vw

VIP Member
T6 Legend
How does your T5 or T6 work out on the CAZ website?

I ask because the owner of my previous conversion, a 180ps T32 LWB Trendline Kombi (N1) converted with a high roof and having 'Motor Caravan' on the V5C fails to pass the rules. However his previous camper a T4 (M1) Autosleeper was OK. The DVLA tell him it's because it is recorded as N1 commercial vehicle, if it were M1 it would be OK.

BUT to add insult to this my current camper, a 140ps T6 T32 Highline LWB Kombi (N1) converted exactly the same and also having 'Motor Caravan' on the V5C is OK for the CAZ.

They are both Euro 5 (yes my T6 is an early one that were Euro 5)

How many more of you have the same dilemma?

I have a Euro 5, 180ps Motor Caravan, I’ve never been charged. I think the Motor Caravan bit is key.

Mines a Euro6 ex panel van camper, recorded as motor caravan on V5 and seems exempt (for now!)

I have a Euro 5, 180ps Motor Caravan, I’ve never been charged. I think the Motor Caravan bit is key.
Is yours N1 or M1 (i.e. does the VIN begin WV1 (N1) or WV2 (M1))?

The DVLA have told the new owner of mine that it's the N1 (not CAZ compliant) or M1 (is CAZ compliant) that is the deciding factor. He is up for fighting it by the way, he lives in Bath.

Is yours N1 or M1 (i.e. does the VIN begin WV1 (N1) or WV2 (M1))?

The DVLA have told the new owner of mine that it's the N1 (not CAZ compliant) or M1 (is CAZ compliant) that is the deciding factor. He is up for fighting it by the way, he lives in Bath.
N1, converted T32 Kombi.
Maybe a FB organised tailgating club is needed for trips into the city?

Mine’s a 67 reg T6 euro 6 camper registered N1 on the V5. It was originally a Kombi.
Entered the reg on the website and it comes back as exempt for both the Bath and Birmingham zones.

And I guess you won't too often at £9 per day!
9 quid is about 1 1/2 pints in Bath, nothing’s cheap there! There’s a massive and very cheap Park and Ride on the outskirts of Bath if anybody is planning a visit.
Birmingham......wild horses couldn’t drag me there....no offence intended.

Mine’s a 67 reg T6 euro 6 camper registered N1 on the V5. It was originally a Kombi.
Entered the reg on the website and it comes back as exempt for both the Bath and Birmingham zones.
Similar result, mine is a Panel Van converted TO a Kombi, N1 and Van with Windows on the Logbook, No charge for Bath or Birmingham.

2017 plate, T32, 150BHP, 6 Speed with Adblue, Kombi van. No charge for Bath or Birmingham.

@russ_e that seems to be the sticking point. If a vehicle was converted on an M1 chassis then it is OK in a CAZ but if it is on an N1 chassis then it is not. But again there seems to be exceptions!
There doesn't seem to be any way that once the vehicle is a 'Motor Caravan' built to the DVLA requirements it can be recognised as such. To some degree, but not entirely, this is exacerbated by the current refusal of the DVLA to record vehicles converted to Motor Caravan specification as such. If the DVLA camper specification was always recorded on their database as such the CAZ rules could be built around that fact not the N1 or M1 specification.

In Bath it does not matter whether or not conversion works have taken place.
Van and Camper are treated the same.
Need to be Euro6 diesel or Euro5 petrol to be exempt from the charge.

1616405410622.png

@fax001 sorry mate, not so, regardless of the graphic that you have posted, see above regarding my current T6 (Euro 5) N1 conversion with Motor Caravan on the V5C, that is OK in the Bath CAZ. But my previous T5 with identical wording on the V5C is not. That's where the discussion began.

Back