Clean Air Zones - M1, N1, Van with Windows, Motor Caravan?

I live in Bath.
I have been keeping a close eye on how the CAZ here has evolved. It was a very important factor when I replaced my estate car with a van, that is in the process of becoming a day van.
Not saying that the system is logical.
No charge for private cars (or motorcycles) however polluting. My estate car was a 3litre petrol but would have been free.
There had been talk of charging older private cars but this was scrapped following the uproar, locally.
Campers and pick ups are not classified as private cars even if that is how they are used.
Vans and campervans are officially treated exactly the same.

Below is the table from the BathNES website
1616409159175.png
Find out about charges in Bath's Clean Air Zone | Bath and North East Somerset Council (bathnes.gov.uk)

@fax001 sorry mate, not so, regardless of the graphic that you have posted, see above regarding my current T6 (Euro 5) N1 conversion with Motor Caravan on the V5C, that is OK in the Bath CAZ. But my previous T5 with identical wording on the V5C is not. That's where the discussion began.

Not sure why !

When enquired of BathNES, they were very clear:
  • Euro 6 Diesel - Free
  • Euro 5 Diesel - Chargeable
They did not care whether it was a campervan, a converted van or a van. All being treated the same in the Bath CAZ.

That is why I had to make sure that I bought a Euro6 van and not a Euro5. It certainly had an impact on pricing of older vans.

I live in Bath.
I have been keeping a close eye on how the CAZ here has evolved. It was a very important factor when I replaced my estate car with a van, that is in the process of becoming a day van.
Not saying that the system is logical.
No charge for private cars (or motorcycles) however polluting. My estate car was a 3litre petrol but would have been free.
There had been talk of charging older private cars but this was scrapped following the uproar, locally.
Campers and pick ups are not classified as private cars even if that is how they are used.
Vans and campervans are officially treated exactly the same.

Below is the table from the BathNES website
View attachment 109485
Find out about charges in Bath's Clean Air Zone | Bath and North East Somerset Council (bathnes.gov.uk)

How stupid - no mention of Euro6 at all that I can see, nor on that webpage.

Back