Cbe Pc210 Kit 230v Rcd Junction Box Wiring Help

dandaman

Hi all,
I have a CBE PC210 12V & 230V kit.
12v is kind of straight forward and I have it mainly all wired up but have a question regards the 230v RCD wiring.
I shown a qualified electrician who actually owns a boat but not come across this type and he said its quite bit different to what he does day to day or on his boat. Iv been looking online for weeks for any information or wiring diagrams as the booklet is useless and i even contacted CBE 3 times and I have had no reply & just can't find anything. It also has a junction box with no information on that as well.

Has anyone got and sort of wiring diagrams or any info at all on CBE RCD & junction box, id very much appreciate it... helppppp :eek:(

Cheers
Dan

Cbe Pc210 Power Management

looks like you need a DC-DC charger if you have stop/start

Don't tell me that! I have read this on other threads getting different charger but thought surely if its in the kit it will do the job if wired up to charge and cut into vans ignition. Why would CBE put it in the kit? Something else I noticed which I was going to look under van next week as my water tanks are under the floor is that there is no probe in the kit just wiring and panel for drinking water level, any info on that would be good as well.

if you have stop/start you need a DC-DC to fully charge any leisure batteries.

without one you leisure will only every be max 80% charged . . . . . and with SLA batteries you can only use 50% DOD so that leaves you with 30% battery left.!

a DC-DC will give you the full 50% DOD and charge the battery's to 100%.

background - Stop/start...regen...smart Alternator... Dc-dc Charger For Leisure Battery Or Not?

Something else I noticed which I was going to look under van next week as my water tanks are under the floor is that there is no probe in the kit just wiring and panel for drinking water level, any info on that would be good as well.
- sorry im not sure.

But @travelvolts may have an answer for you.

https://www.travelvolts.net/

https://www.travelvolts.net/shop

Don't tell me that! I have read this on other threads getting different charger but thought surely if its in the kit it will do the job if wired up to charge and cut into vans ignition. Why would CBE put it in the kit? Something else I noticed which I was going to look under van next week as my water tanks are under the floor is that there is no probe in the kit just wiring and panel for drinking water level, any info on that would be good as well.

Cheers for that fella, although not what I want to hear its good to know even tho it mean throwing more £££'s at the van if its got to be done its got to be done.

You need to order probes seperately. They come in different lengths to suit different tanks. Yes, you will need a DC-DC charger.

As above, because of this I don't use it with 240v. I run a separate DC-DC charger and an RCD with 24ov charger.

The probes in the kit are for waste water only. as @travelvolts said you need to order them dependant on the tank.

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation but this might help someone else. You don't need a DC - DC charger you can put a Schaudt intelligent alternator booster ( WA 121525 ) between the starter battery and the CBE system and it works perfect. Been running mine for two years with no problems. (T6 with stop start)

Back