Carista tweaks

I have emailed carista support. If they get back to me with suggestions, I'll update the post. Anybody been able to disable stop/start using VCDS?
I looked at this yesterday but just left it alone, stop/start doesn't really bother me, and in all fairness when I'm stationary I'm usually in gear with foot on the clutch.
Unless traffic is at a standstill.

I looked at this yesterday but just left it alone, stop/start doesn't really bother me, and in all fairness when I'm stationary I'm usually in gear with foot on the clutch.
Unless traffic is at a standstill.
Yes, that's what I do. Sometimes though I forget and it cuts the engine. Personal preference I suppose. I would like the option so I don't need to keep my foot on clutch when stationary.

Yes, that's what I do. Sometimes though I forget and it cuts the engine. Personal preference I suppose. I would like the option so I don't need to keep my foot on clutch when stationary.
I'll give it a go over the next day or so to see if it works on mine (19MY), also on the beta version.

Anybody been able to disable stop/start using VCDS?

Apparently somebody has:

Not sure if I tried that adaptation back at the day I was looking into this.

Yes, that's similar to the memory module I mentioned earlier. Has been working 100% - my only very minor complaint is that it doesn't change stop/start button lighting. Now I have the button lighted as yellow all the time as stop/start is off... I would prefer it to be inverted operation so that the button would be yellow when the stop/start is *on*.

Yes, that's similar to the memory module I mentioned earlier. Has been working 100% - my only very minor complaint is that it doesn't change stop/start button lighting. Now I have the button lighted as yellow all the time as stop/start is off... I would prefer it to be inverted operation so that the button would be yellow when the stop/start is *on*.

Think the gr/rt (green red wire is yellow lamp. I wonder if just disconnecting that would stop the yellow light from coming on? Might be the other wire gr/bl (grey blue)

1707234530141.png

For stop start you can just spend £15 on a bypass cable from ebay. Others have said setting voltage to 20v will fix it however I already had the cable when I read that .

Think the gr/rt (green red wire is yellow lamp. I wonder if just disconnecting that would stop the yellow light from coming on? Might be the other wire gr/bl (grey blue)

Yes, getting it all dark wouldn't be a problem... and actually inverting would also be fairly straightforward, one resistor and one transistor I think ;)

Just would have been great to have it baked in the module directly

You guys must be minted ;). Stop start can save anywhere between 5 and 10% of your fuel.
I’ve had three times where the engine turned off just as I was about to pull out but it never caused any danger, just annoyance, and that’s in god knows how many years (maybe ten) of having stop start vehicles.

You guys must be minted ;). Stop start can save anywhere between 5 and 10% of your fuel.
I’ve had three times where the engine turned off just as I was about to pull out but it never caused any danger, just annoyance, and that’s in god knows how many years (maybe ten) of having stop start vehicles.
Loads a money ;)

Stop start can save anywhere between 5 and 10% of your fuel.
… and wear out the engine, starter and battery between 5 and 10% faster ;)

No seriously I drive 85% or so in the middle of nowhere, zero use for stop start. No wins, just the annoyance when it kicks in by the stop signs or when I have to wait 2 seconds in some crossing. Makes much more sense to reverse it’s operation - enable it when the situation calls for it.

I must be one of the minority that loves stop/start. Just so peaceful when stopped at lights and in traffic jams. I find the delay negligible with a manual gearbox. Dip clutch, into gear and it's started and ready to drive. Don't give a toss about the emissions. Just like the peace man.
I love it too for the same reasons. And in over a decade of using it I can literally count on one hand the times it’s been a mild annoyance.
I also love the silent hub on my bike for the same reasons- peace and tranquility.

I must be one of the minority that loves stop/start. Just so peaceful when stopped at lights and in traffic jams. I find the delay negligible with a manual gearbox. Dip clutch, into gear and it's started and ready to drive. Don't give a toss about the emissions. Just like the peace man.
In a manual (the T6) it doesn't bother me at all as you have some control of it with the clutch. In a DSG however (my daily, a Golf) it is a pain in the ass as it invariably turns the engine off at the precise moment you want to pull away sharpish...for example if your coasting up to a junction waiting for a gap. I also quite like the peace and quiet when stationary in traffic or at the lights etc.

In a manual (the T6) it doesn't bother me at all as you have some control of it with the clutch. In a DSG however (my daily, a Golf) it is a pain in the ass as it invariably turns the engine off at the precise moment you want to pull away sharpish...for example if your coasting up to a junction waiting for a gap. I also quite like the peace and quiet when stationary in traffic or at the lights etc.
Totally get that. With a clutch you do have some control over S/S when coasting but DSG not so much.

I find in my golf (also a dsg) if I drive ‘chauffeur style’ and ease off the brakes as the car comes to a stop that seems to prevent it stopping the engine too quickly. If I know I’ll be there for a short while pressing the brakes firmly does kill the engine. It works very well but does need a delicate foot, my son hasn’t got the knack yet. Mines a 2014 - not sure if they made stop/start more aggressive on later models.

I need to get Carista and have a play - got a few things for both the car and van I want to do.

I’m hoping I can get the auto locking doors to work after an exciting and totally unwanted (do I need to add that?) interaction with a ‘lady of the night’ looking for business, made all the more spicy by having our Staffy sat in the front of the van with me.

I find in my golf (also a dsg) if I drive ‘chauffeur style’ and ease off the brakes as the car comes to a stop that seems to prevent it stopping the engine too quickly.

Yes, I play that game also which does help, however mine (67 plate Mk7.5) will shut the engine off whilst I'm still coasting if the speed gets low (id guess below 5-10mph) so you find yourself trying to keep the speed up above 5mph & trying not to press the brakes too much so SS doesn't kick in whilst trying not to crash. if I'm driving a lot in built up areas I stick it in sport mode as it keep the revs up a bit and reduces DSG lag and seems to cut out less also.

Back