Carista update + new headlights = Are your doors locked? message

CarreraRSR

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Pretty sure I had a Carista Beta update last week, it was working fine prior. Fitted new LED headlights, tail lights and side repeaters yesterday and today have this message coming upon when trying to select Customise, Service, Live data. Only Diagnose works and shows a 'Central Electronics, cannot connect'. Do we think its the app update or the new headlights? Don't fancy pulling the bumper and lights out to tonight to check ......

IMG_4884.pngIMG_4885.png

I would think it’s unlikely to be linked to the lights.
You don’t need to remove bumper etc to test, just unplug the new lights and connect the old.

I’ve had this same problem, not fitted anything new, just plugged in to make sure my a/c compressor was working as it should but no access to any data and keep getting the same error message as you. I emailed Carista and they’ve asked me to try again and send them a report so they can look into it. Must be a bug in the new update?

I’ve had this same problem, not fitted anything new, just plugged in to make sure my a/c compressor was working as it should but no access to any data and keep getting the same error message as you. I emailed Carista and they’ve asked me to try again and send them a report so they can look into it. Must be a bug in the new update?
Good/not good to hear this. At least it may be the app and not my lighting updates. Thanks for the reply

I would think it’s unlikely to be linked to the lights.
You don’t need to remove bumper etc to test, just unplug the new lights and connect the old.

I would hope it's not the lighting changes. I would expect the cables not having enough length in them to come over the top and connect. But will try this solution if a bug in the app is found not to be the issue

I’ve just sent them a report as they asked. I’ve been out and tried it when I got home and still nothing

Back