MY16 Folding Mirrors and Carista

poortomsacold

Afternoon all

I've been searching through a lot of posts but haven't been able to find a clear answer.

I have a 2016 MY16 T6 with folding mirrors. I want to code these to fold in when I lock the van and unfold when i start the van. I have seen people can do this with VCDS but I can't see if it's possible with Carista. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

As far as I know (and I'm not certain...) fold on lock isn't possible with VCDS (or Carista) without an additional piece of hardware - wired in box thingy. You can however fold mirrors on long-press of lock button with VCDS or Carista - a search on here will find the how-to...

T6.1 fold-on short press-lock however is a different story! Tick box in VCDS/Carista and job done!

As far as I know (and I'm not certain...) fold on lock isn't possible with VCDS (or Carista) without an additional piece of hardware - wired in box thingy. You can however fold mirrors on long-press of lock button with VCDS or Carista - a search on here will find the how-to...

T6.1 fold-on short press-lock however is a different story! Tick box in VCDS/Carista and job done!
Thanks for that. I thought the MY16 and MY18s can be programmed without any extra parts but the MY17 need new modules?

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and look forward to hopefully learning from other members experiences

I’m looking to find out on whether you found a solution that worked with your mirrors?

I have a MY15 T6 Highline with elec folding mirrors but unable to fold on long press of the key, I’ve tried to reset both one touch windows, however, from what I’m reading, this key folding function will only be available for MY17-18 upward, with this in mind, would it be case of coding mine on VCDS and that’s it, or do I need some form of module I need to retrofit then coding?

Any help or links would be much appreciated, and thank you all in advance.

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and look forward to hopefully learning from other members experiences

I’m looking to find out on whether you found a solution that worked with your mirrors?

I have a MY15 T6 Highline with elec folding mirrors but unable to fold on long press of the key, I’ve tried to reset both one touch windows, however, from what I’m reading, this key folding function will only be available for MY17-18 upward, with this in mind, would it be case of coding mine on VCDS and that’s it, or do I need some form of module I need to retrofit then coding?

Any help or links would be much appreciated, and thank you all in advance.
I think the only option is coding via VCDS - which is why I've not done mine yet!!

I think from memory fold on lock was possible on early T6 which was essentially T5.1 door hardware and not possible on 2017 MY T6 (which I have) and then possible again after that using vcds. Have a search but I think you need door control modules with the Q prefix for it to be possible.
That’s from my old-man memory though from when I tried to do it.

Back