Carista tweaks

I’m wondering if Carista will do the tweaks I’m after? It’s a 68 plate T6 startline I’ve got.

I’m wanting to get :
  • Both beams on full beam on my THQ headlights,
  • Big digital MPH,
  • CCS activated when my MFSW arrives.
I know I’ve got to get a loom to wire in and a wire to fit into the e-box as well as the coding.

And as much as I was bragging that I had no codes after all the light upgrades I’ve done, the bulb out light has come on. I’m confident it’s the aftermarket headlight control knob I fitted for the fog lights I didn’t have.
So want that coded out.

And finally the stop start is doing my nut in. I would like to get rid of that. But that would be a bonus.

Cheers
Yes for the top two. Can’t help with the CCS as not tried. I’ve seen an option for overriding stop/start but not tried it.

The dipped beam option is only via Beta as far as I’m aware, unless it’s been introduced into the paid version in the last few months.

Yes for the top two. Can’t help with the CCS as not tried. I’ve seen an option for overriding stop/start but not tried it.

The dipped beam option is only via Beta as far as I’m aware, unless it’s been introduced into the paid version in the last few months.
Thanks. Is the beta not what you get free for a month?
I would buy a Carista if I could get it to do these things but I would pay someone to do the coding if I could only do some of them.

Thanks. Is the beta not what you get free for a month?
I would buy a Carista if I could get it to do these things but I would pay someone to do the coding if I could only do some of them.
No, the free month is just the normal, public release version. Beta is free but using their development software via TestFlight (on iOS, assume there’s an equivalent Android one). When I did it a year or so ago the main/dipped beam option was not in the standard paid version, only Beta, but that may have changed since. I’ve not used the paid version since the free month ran out. I’d recommend Carista anyhow as it is a good way to check codes and keep an eye on the DPF regen if needed - this can be done in Beta so is free. Hopefully someone with a paid version can look to see what’s in the latest version for you. Otherwise you can just pay for a month at a time (£9.99) when/if you need it.

No, the free month is just the normal, public release version. Beta is free but using their development software via TestFlight (on iOS, assume there’s an equivalent Android one). When I did it a year or so ago the main/dipped beam option was not in the standard paid version, only Beta, but that may have changed since. I’ve not used the paid version since the free month ran out. I’d recommend Carista anyhow as it is a good way to check codes and keep an eye on the DPF regen if needed - this can be done in Beta so is free. Hopefully someone with a paid version can look to see what’s in the latest version for you. Otherwise you can just pay for a month at a time (£9.99) when/if you need it.
Just about to delve into the world of Carista, does anyone know of a beta version for android as one of the 1st things I want to change is the main/dipped option.
If push comes to shove I will download the TestFlight app on the wifes phone to carry out the mod that way.

Just about to delve into the world of Carista, does anyone know of a beta version for android as one of the 1st things I want to change is the main/dipped option.
If push comes to shove I will download the TestFlight app on the wifes phone to carry out the mod that way.
I used beta on andriod to do my H7 THQ lights to make the dip and main beam come on together

Well even a numpty like me has managed to change a list of things using Carista.
The only stumbling block I've encountered is the auto lock option, neither option 1 or 2 seem to have any effect? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?
And changing the infotainment screen, whatever option I choose it reverts back to the standard analogue clock.
EDIT:
**rebooting the radio is the answer**

On a side note, if anyone in the Wiltshire area wants any "simple" things changed then give me a shout.
Month trial runs out early March 2024.

Last edited:
Well even a numpty like me has managed to change a list of things using Carista.
The only stumbling block I've encountered is the auto lock option, neither option 1 or 2 seem to have any effect? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?
And changing the infotainment screen, whatever option I choose it reverts back to the standard analogue clock.
EDIT:
**rebooting the radio is the answer**

On a side note, if anyone in the Wiltshire area wants any "simple" things changed then give me a shout.
Month trial runs out early March 2024.
try changing the settings with the bonet open. havent a clue why it makes a differenece but thats what i needed to do for the locking read it on here somewhere!!

Is there an option to do a back up before making changes? When I looked at OBD11 that was mentioned on their website and seems worthwhile, even though apparently it takes a bit of time, I might have missed the relevant section on Caristas site or it just isn’t an option with them?

Is yours MY18? I have noticeed that some coding changes need full BCM reset (battery disconnect) to come into effect.

Is yours MY18? I have noticeed that some coding changes need full BCM reset (battery disconnect) to come into effect.
It's a 19 plate if that makes any difference?
Will try the bonnet trick as suggested by @david173 if no joy then I'll try the battery disconnect.
Cheers for the advice.

It's a 19 plate if that makes any difference?
Will try the bonnet trick as suggested by @david173 if no joy then I'll try the battery disconnect.
Cheers for the advice.
Oh, I see. MY19 is somewhat different BCM-wise than MY16-MY18.
I did the auto-lock coding on MY16 - works as advertised. But I have not succeeded to do it on MY18 - hence my question. Although never tried battery connect/disconnect trick on this - but it did the trick for some other changes.

Oh, I see. MY19 is somewhat different BCM-wise than MY16-MY18.
I did the auto-lock coding on MY16 - works as advertised. But I have not succeeded to do it on MY18 - hence my question. Although never tried battery connect/disconnect trick on this - but it did the trick for some other changes.

Weird, has worked for me fine on MY18 and I don’t recall any voodoo necessary, then again this was quite a while ago.

This was on OBD11, seeing through history I think byte 0 bits 3 and 4 on 09 central electrics.

1707061217785.png

1707061451512.png

Weird, has worked for me fine on MY18 and I don’t recall any voodoo necessary, then again this was quite a while ago.
:cautious:

Has anyone managed to change the Engine STOP/START setting ( i.e to disable stop/start) I tried as suggested by Carista support to pop the bonnet switch but still doesn't manage to save the setting.

Has anyone managed to change the Engine STOP/START setting ( i.e to disable stop/start) I tried as suggested by Carista support to pop the bonnet switch but still doesn't manage to save the setting.
is that even an option on carista?

T6 or T6.1 and which engine?

I don't have an answer, just being curious. I tried to disable STOP/START by coding nearly 2 years ago and couldn't find a working method (T6 CXEB MY18). Gave up and did it by installing a memory module behind the button. I think this particular thing might be very dependent on the ECU version, effectively engine code and model year. So that might be why it would work on some vans but not all.

T6 or T6.1 and which engine?

I don't have an answer, just being curious. I tried to disable STOP/START by coding nearly 2 years ago and couldn't find a working method (T6 CXEB MY18). Gave up and did it by installing a memory module behind the button. I think this particular thing might be very dependent on the ECU version, effectively engine code and model year. So that might be why it would work on some vans but not all.

My camper is a T6 68 plate with 5-speed 102s

Back