Carista Central Electronics Fault

JSJQ

T6 Pro
My battery recently went flat (I left the lights on with the key in the ignition for over a week) and the vehicle would not start. I charged the battery and it has now been sitting at 12.9 volts for seven days not on charge. I cleared a number of faults but one reading Central Electronics will not clear. I have tried the Carista beta version to no avail.

The stop/start does not appear to be working.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

the van will take about 10x drive cycles to re register the battery power, ( after being flat)

so keep driving.

did you connect the charger direct across the battery? ( battery NEG post) - if so the van hasn't registered the charger so will be attempting to charge the battery -

++

Hi Dellmassive,

I decided to see what the dealer (Austral Vw) would say and they squeezed me in and ran some tests. The tech said there were any number of faults. It took nearly an hour to diagnose and rectify. They will email me a list of what they did and if it looks interesting I’ll post it. The stop/start now works so something was rectified.

Big thank you to Austral VW.

Thanks Dellmassive for your advice. I’m afraid I didn’t connect the earth to the body. I should have known better.

regards,

John

Back