Central lock on driver door not working, but works from key FOB

Jbjorling

Swedish Member
I’ve read all previous posts (I think) regarding central locking issues, but couldn’t find my issue.

Need someone to brainstorm with.

I have a T6 Multivan from 2016 (highline, 2.0 bitdi). Last week central locking when using the switch on the driver door stopped working. It locks all doors, but immediately unlocks them. For no apparent reason the already unlockes doors will try to unlock themselves while driving (like if you’d press the unlock button).

Central lock works perfect when using key fob.

I have a diagnostic tool from iCarsoft (CR MAX model) that sprung three error codes:
03302, 03303 and 03304 which mean ”implausible signal” from passenger, rear left and rear right door.

What I don’t understand is how can the key fob work but the driver door switch doesn’t?

The car is not indicating any open doors.

The error occurred after a power wash, so water might have entered, but I try not to spray down into the door panels.

Plan is to:
1. remove fuse
2. disconnect battery (anything special I need to consider here or is it just disconnect and connect once again)
3. remove one lock, make sure it’s dry, WD40 and general inspection (if that clears error for that door, then rinse and repeat for the rest)

Or do the T6 wizards in this forum have more clever ways to suggest?

If anyone has links to good youtube clips regarding this I’d appreciate it.

Cheers,
Johan

Had the same issue as you @Jbjorling, in the end the reason was the door lock mechanism was knackered. Bought one from TPS, fitted it and hey presto fixed.

@Dav-Tec diagnosed the issue as being the micro switch within the door lock mechanism.

Sounds like your problem.

When you lock the van with the fob, have a walk around and check all the doors to see if one of them is still unlocked. That was the scenario when the micro switch in one of my Octavia doors failed. Locked fine on the fob (or so I thought) but the failed lock just locked and immediately unlocked.

Thanks for the tips. Weird thing is it went from no problem to indicating problem for three doors.

Checked all doors and they’re locked when using fob.

Only thing I can think of are worn seals on the micro switches that got pushed over the edge when I pressure washed.

@Jbjorling did you resolve the issue?
I have the exact same problem and garage suspect faulty BCM. I’m confused why I’m getting fault codes logged for three doors.
My fault seemed to occur since the tailgate jammed shut but may be coincidence.
Any help appreciated.

Not resolved yet, but we can keep each other posted on the development.

Had it in the garage this week for a couple of faults, but they never looked at the central locking issue even though I asked them to.

I’ve also had a couple of other weird things going on that makes me suspect BCM or damaged wiring harness, but haven’t gotten around to dig into it myself. Gonna try and find some schematics for the wiring to try an pinpoint what could possibly be wrong so I know what to check.

Micro switches in the door modules themselves are a weak point and there is a youtube video on how to just replace the micro switches.

Since I created this thread a couple of other electrical issues have popped up, so I created a new thread since they may be related to each other.

Back