Carista app DPF regen

FYI
I’ve been monitoring my regens for the last 15K. My 150 dsg active regens from 30g down to 8g on average every 180 miles. Mostly motorway driving using esso fuel.
I’ve never observed a passive regen but I did read somewhere that some vehicles don’t as they don’t get up to required temps.
There’s a graph showing the regen loadings on another page in this forum

Hi all,

A lowly T5 owner here. Does anybody with the Carista app own a T5 as well? Reason I ask is I can’t see any DPF info on my 5.1 van. I could trigger a re gen but no info is given. iOS user, Carista V5.4. Pro subscription.

I have noticed a weird rear door lock fault but that’s for another day.

Thank you.

Question about device to run carista on. Do people just run it on their phones? Been pondering getting a cheap 7” tablet to use for navigation and carista?

Does anyone know if this is possible using obdeleven? (Sorry to hijack the carista thread)

I have done, but it will cause a ‘parasitic drain’ on the starter battery. I just unplug it and sling it in the glovebox.

Yes, I’ve heard it won’t drain the battery for a good few weeks of not using the van, but I’m not prepared to take the risk.

Hi,
can you do a force regen with Carista even if the soot levels are over 30g? (mine has a Particle filter: soot mass calculated: 59.99 g)

I tried today to do a force regen with Carista but it didn't want to initiate it.
Tried several times, drove like 70-80 miles with no success.
I checked if Carista tried to do a force regen with an "ebay sepecial" VCDS cable. (that is the only thing I can do with that cheap ass cable, to read faults and some engine parameters)
It seems I have to lower the soot level with a genuine vcds cable and than try to do a force regen.

I tried today to do a force regen with Carista but it didn't want to initiate it.
I checked if Carista tried to do a force regen with an "ebay sepecial" VCDS cable. (that is the only thing I can do with that cheap ass cable, to read faults and some engine parameters)
It seems I have to lower the soot level with a genuine vcds cable and than try to do a force regen.
That's strange. What's your soot level? My van does automatic regen as soon as it reaches 30 grams. I watched it the other day going up and as soon as it reaches 30grms it started regen.

59g
I had a faulty fuel temp sensor and didn't do regen for like 1000 miles. I couldn't repair the faulty fuel temp sensor and had to ride back home like this.
After a couple hundreds of miles, the check engine appear and the high soot level fault.

59g
I had a faulty fuel temp sensor and didn't do regen for like 1000 miles. I couldn't repair the faulty fuel temp sensor and had to ride back home like this.
After a couple hundreds of miles, the check engine appear and the high soot level fault.
That's high, strange that carista doesn't want to initiate a regen, maybe you will need to find someone with vcds and try that way.

You could email the Carista people and ask them if the forced regen should work at any soot level or just 30 grms or under, be interesting to get their take on it. you can contact them via the app menu, contact customer services

Reactions: EdH
Forced regens are blocked above a certain level as there is an increased risk of “vehicle burn down” as I think VW call it. Basically if there is too much soot it could start uncontrolled burning off increasing temperatures too high and setting fire to the vehicle.

Back