Carista app DPF regen

Looks like Carista may have taken the payments option out of the beta. I couldn’t access it, and didn’t get any ‘subscription only’ warnings when I went into customise, but I didn’t actually try and change anything.

I also suggested they may want a ‘are you sure’ after hitting regen as it’s too easy to touch by accident while monitoring soot levels live. They seemed to think this was a good idea.
If any one does a forced regen, please let us know if there is a check in the latest version. Thanks

Yeah, this is the response I’ve had from Carista, which is consistent with what I’ve found using it. In beta you can use the beta functions but not the standard ones.

DD235BA8-45F8-4C5F-B462-2A92049B6100.jpeg
And for the sake of completeness, this is the rest of the data log including the return journey. Pretty consistent, although the third regen brought the soot level all the way down to 2.65g, which I suspect is because this one stayed at 2,000+ rpm the whole way through, but the first 2 did actually stop when I hit traffic or came off the motorway

1606510535191.png

Yeah, this is the response I’ve had from Carista, which is consistent with what I’ve found using it. In beta you can use the beta functions but not the standard ones.

View attachment 93274
And for the sake of completeness, this is the rest of the data log including the return journey. Pretty consistent, although the third regen brought the soot level all the way down to 2.65g, which I suspect is because this one stayed at 2,000+ rpm the whole way through, but the first 2 did actually stop when I hit traffic or came off the motorway

View attachment 93275
Very consistent regen trigger. i wonder if the T6 is as consistent. - assuming this was your Skoda?
I'm assuming each blue dot is a data point. Why more later on, and what app are you using for that?
Thanks

Yup each blue bot is a data point and yes, all on the skoda; data taken manually by screen grab and then plugged into excel. Did more on the way back because I wanted to check the pre-trigger jump was as instant as I’d thought

Last edited:
Yup each blue bot is a data point and yes, all on the skoda; taken manually by screen grab and then plugged into excel. Did more on the way back because I wanted to check the pre-trigger jump was as instant as I’d thought
Thanks.
Did you manually trigger these then? Then it jumps? Missed that jump on first look - bloody obvious now....
I saw the T6 go from 22g indicated to 30g as soon as i'd manually started regen. I wonder what that is all about.

Thanks.
Did you manually trigger these then? Then it jumps? Missed that jump on first look - bloody obvious now....
I saw the T6 go from 22g indicated to 30g as soon as i'd manually started regen. I wonder what that is all about.
Does Carista have to fool the van that it’s hit a trigger point (30g for the T6 or 20g for the car in the graph above) to start a regen?

Thanks.
No, no manual triggering at all. These were all automatic. Wanted to understand what it does on its own before I started to trigger manually

Does Carista have to fool the van that it’s hit a trigger point (30g for the T6 or 20g for the car in the graph above) to start a regen?
The skoda did that same jump too, before it did an automatic regen (10/12g up to 19.85g)

or rather, the jump is the initiating stage of the auto regen

Totally non scientific, but need to write it down before I forget.

My soot level was at 18 g.
Then I did my regular commute home - 6 miles, and engine barely warms up.
Next morning another 2.5 miles, hour stop, 2.5 miles.

Reloaded my beta version (more on that later) and did the scan with engine running.
Soot level now at 21g.
You can have the system linked up and displaying the soot live, so I went for a drive. Did about 12 miles at 2-2500 rpm.
Soot level increased to 22g.
Thought id try the regen.
It did give me a warning to say not usually necessary at below 30g but just started it anyway - so there is no 'ARE YOU SURE' check.
When warning went away (few seconds) soot level was at 29.xx g which was interesting.
DPF dash light came on as to show in regen.
I watched it steadily come down over the next 15 or so miles. I kept revs between 2-2500.
Light went off at 8.5g soot ish.
Then in the few miles it took to get home it rose to just over 9g.

I think Carista is great, and the new beta tool is ideal for our needs.
However, I subscribe to the regular app. The beta version wont recognise my subscription, which means I have to delete beta, reload regular to make and customization changes, then reload beta, which involves a 10-30 min scan each time. It really pisses me off. The guys at Carista are clearly clever, but this is just an unnecessary oversight.
I have moaned about it to them.
Put Carista on 2 devices....
ie....I’ve got the beta version on my phone to monitor and trigger,and my payed subscription on the iPad to do the regular thing.
the more people that participate in the beta testing,the quicker they will fix any bugs found and the quicker it will be released to latest update version of the App.

My subscription has run out so can you have the beta for free or do you need the subscription as well?

I scanned my DPF today using this morning’s Carista update. Looks fine based on other figures on here. If the amount of fuel is relevant to when it last ran a regen, the tank is indicated at a bit under half full.
085640B6-5703-4274-94F1-6DCAC4AC6C5C.png

Did they mean sound generators? or Resonators? (Someone report that a a bug) :)

I feel a manual override to force a regen is a highly useful option. If you are on a long journey and getting close to home, you can force it to conduct a regen and complete it before you get there. It really annoys me when I find when I have stopped from a long journey, it has just interrupted a regen process, especially if I know all my next trips will be short ones, where it tries to do a regen and is interrupted each time and has to cool off.

I noticed there’s been update on the App Store for the Carista app to version 5.3 which it said was to add DPF functionality.

Back