Carista app DPF regen

Totally non scientific, but need to write it down before I forget.

My soot level was at 18 g.
Then I did my regular commute home - 6 miles, and engine barely warms up.
Next morning another 2.5 miles, hour stop, 2.5 miles.

Reloaded my beta version (more on that later) and did the scan with engine running.
Soot level now at 21g.
You can have the system linked up and displaying the soot live, so I went for a drive. Did about 12 miles at 2-2500 rpm.
Soot level increased to 22g.
Thought id try the regen.
It did give me a warning to say not usually necessary at below 30g but just started it anyway - so there is no 'ARE YOU SURE' check.
When warning went away (few seconds) soot level was at 29.xx g which was interesting.
DPF dash light came on as to show in regen.
I watched it steadily come down over the next 15 or so miles. I kept revs between 2-2500.
Light went off at 8.5g soot ish.
Then in the few miles it took to get home it rose to just over 9g.

I think Carista is great, and the new beta tool is ideal for our needs.
However, I subscribe to the regular app. The beta version wont recognise my subscription, which means I have to delete beta, reload regular to make and customization changes, then reload beta, which involves a 10-30 min scan each time. It really pisses me off. The guys at Carista are clearly clever, but this is just an unnecessary oversight.
I have moaned about it to them.

Still watching with interest! Great insight everyone.

I really like the sound of the options in beta. My bugbear is that I can do a 180 mile trip to somewhere and the next time I pop out it does a regen! I’d like to be able to force it, say once a month when I know I’m doing a decent journey.

Ian

Mine does pretty much exclusively long journeys and is currently sitting at 9.22g. Never seen a regen symbol on the dash but pretty sure it's done a few. Will keep an eye on it

IMG_4744.png

I think Carista is great, and the new beta tool is ideal for our needs.
However, I subscribe to the regular app. The beta version wont recognise my subscription, which means I have to delete beta, reload regular to make and customization changes, then reload beta, which involves a 10-30 min scan each time. It really pisses me off. The guys at Carista are clearly clever, but this is just an unnecessary oversight.
I have moaned about it to them.

I've literally just emailed them about this, as i was both surprised and narked in equal measure

Mine does pretty much exclusively long journeys and is currently sitting at 9.22g. Never seen a regen symbol on the dash but pretty sure it's done a few. Will keep an eye on it

View attachment 93018

I've literally just emailed them about this, as i was both surprised and narked in equal measure

Isn’t that why its a beta version, so new adopters can provide constructive feedback on its usability and iron out the bugs before I buy it :)

I subscribe to the regular app. The beta version wont recognise my subscription, which means I have to delete beta, reload regular to make and customization changes, then reload beta, which involves a 10-30 min scan each time.

Thanks for the heads up on that.
I too subscribe to the app and was going to download the Beta version.
I can’t be doing with all that faffing around so I think I’ll wait until they’ve sorted it.

View attachment 93018

Dash light won’t usually come on unless it’s been unable to regen for a while. I believe yours would have just finished one in the last few miles to be at that level. At speed you wouldn’t notice. Only in traffic as the tick over Revs are a bit higher.
Some have mentioned they sound like a bag of nails during regen. Mines a 199 and there is no way I’d notice if I wasn’t aware and looking for it.

The situation with iOS users and beta is this: Currently, iOS users cannot use their pro subscription on TestFlight because of the way Apple has structured the test version. You can use the beta features in TestFlight without any problem but in order to use the paid pro features, you need to delete TestFlight and install our regular Carista app again. We are very sorry about this inconvenience, our tech team is looking for a way to fix this. Do let me know if you have problems using the beta features in TestFlight- there should be available and you don't need your pro subscription for them.

The situation with iOS users and beta is this: Currently, iOS users cannot use their pro subscription on TestFlight because of the way Apple has structured the test version. You can use the beta features in TestFlight without any problem but in order to use the paid pro features, you need to delete TestFlight and install our regular Carista app again. We are very sorry about this inconvenience, our tech team is looking for a way to fix this. Do let me know if you have problems using the beta features in TestFlight- there should be available and you don't need your pro subscription for them.
Think I’m chatting to you on fb lol or you can see my thread

From Carista

Thanks for getting back to us! We apologize for the inconvenience. We found out about that problem after we launched the open beta. But, you don't have to go through that process every time. We've reactivated test purchases on iOS, so you can buy whatever you like in the iOS beta without being charged. Simply use one of the available payment options and you'll be fine.

I've not tested this yet.

Just tested this. On mine at least, it only allows you to buy the beta customisations. For the other ones it still takes you to the subscription options

So did a bit of DPF data logging this morning on a 290 mile journey. This was in my skoda (184ps with 100k) rather than the van, but i would have thought the principles would be similar
1606477317670.png
Interesting things to note
  • 2 regens in 285 miles of motorway driving, and if it wasn't for having monitored the soot levels i wouldn't have noticed
  • in each case, it didn't get above a soot level of 20g before a regen kicked in, and the app still said "regeneration not usually necessary at this soot level" just before starting the regen
  • in each case, the regen got the soot level down to 4g, then it steadily climbed to 10/11g, before leaping to 19g and activating a regen
Will try and do the same again when i have the van on a similar journey. will be interesting to see what the hurdle is for triggering a regen and what it gets the level down to

Back