DPF Regen Frequency

Florry66

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Afternoon all, just a quick question, my 2021 T6.1 150 Highline will be three years old next May, currently approaching 12000 miles, full camper conversion. I only do shortish journeys and never had any issues with the DPF as I monitor with Carista and always let the regen complete even if it means going a slightly longer way home. Before its second service, the Regens were regularly starting every 100-120 miles, now they start every 160-180 miles, Im not complaining but would this be something VW have adjusted at the service, I cant think what else it could be ? Just wondering for my own sanity !! Thanks

2017 t30 t6 and my regen intervals are usually around the 150 mile mark so puts it in the same region as yourself.

Did they tell you they did a software update? I don't think they would have likely done one unless they told you so, when I asked (VW North Wales) when my van went in for service they said software updates were not routine.

There are others here who know infinitely more than I do about how the engine controls this. If it wasn't a software update could it have been a change of filters and fresh oil? It would be interesting to see whether the range drops again over time before the next service, and then which filters are changed when.

Only just started monitoring mine in earnest, 2017 EU6 150, mapped to about 190 and, ahem, no EGR. Currently looking like 100 to 125 miles between regens. If oil and filter changes help I'd look at increasing service frequency.

Back