Caravelle interior LED lighting

It would appear the DIY abilities on here are far better than mine, how difficult is all this bulb changing then, I wouldn't know where to start.... I can't even begin to see how to get into the front map reading lights for example..

Any how to guides anyone know of?

I opened the map lights last night, just prised it open with a screwdriver, a bit brutal but no damage. Ordered some 5w5 red LEDs from Amazon after perusing the site for about an hour, see if the work when they turn up.

Prised which bit, did you say red led,s as in they are red..... sounds a stupid question I know but never seen them... except the odd brothel aparantly..... lol

Mobile boudoir

@DaveBos caravelles have different interior lights

Bigger screwdriver then...

Prised which bit, did you say red led,s as in they are red..... sounds a stupid question I know but never seen them... except the odd brothel aparantly..... lol

Mobile boudoir

Turns out mine are different, please don't attack then with a screwdriver then, probably expensive if you break them.

I'm changing the map light for red lights, think @T6 Dave gave me the idea.

@Pauly do you have an interior led upgrade kit put together yet?
Yes now I have a list of lamps I can put them together, I have festoon and map light lamps it's just the ones for the steps, I bought a couple different lamps to try out in the step lights but not seen them first hand yet

i did exactly what @PenfoldE6 advised, and have now led interior in the velle. I used plastic pry tool, no damage. The trickiest was front map lights.

I fitted these ones in my side steps, they work fine. 20170328_063907
View attachment 10974

10x T5 286 73 74 Red Wedge 1 LED Light Bulb Dashboard Instrument 12V

( 222403869452 )

Thread resurrection time!

Are these plug and play @StudleyGlass ?

I', going to get some if so as I find it incredibly tight that VW put brilliant white LED in all but the step light and boot light!?! Especially now I've seen how much (or little) they actually cost!

Thread resurrection time!

Are these plug and play @StudleyGlass ?

I', going to get some if so as I find it incredibly tight that VW put brilliant white LED in all but the step light and boot light!?! Especially now I've seen how much (or little) they actually cost!

Yes i just swapped them with the original bulbs in the footwell lights and there still working fine

20180210_195422.jpg

Back