Caravelle interior LED lighting

New GEN6 Owner

Returning Member
T6 Pro
All,

Absolutely loving our Generation Six in the summer, recently she went in for a recall and we had a loaner for a while, it was a 17 plate 4 motion model, one thing I noticed was all the interior lights were a cool LED

Our are a yellow colour
Anyone know if this is a simple bulb swap and if so point my in the right direction for the bulbs?

Also if anyone has tips on how easy it is to change them?

Thanks in advance

@Pauly i know you did some good work on bulbs, did you get to the bottom of the Velle interior lights and whether it's a simple bulb switch to upgrade to the LED ?

Im not 100% sure im afraid as never had my hands on caravelle lights
I know i have a few that will fit but dont have details on all the lights to know what lamps they take

If you want to work through it with me i happy to supply what you need, to be fair i prob have it all in stock just dont know what of each you will need ?
shoot me a PM if you are interested and we can figure it out

Swapping the interior (front and back) bulbs to cool white LED was the first thing I did on my gen 6.

They were 41mm festoon bulbs (from memory) I also changed the map reading lights to LED as well but cannot remember the fitting type.

They are all listed in the manual. The clips were a bit awkward - I will take a few photos once it goes dark :)

I also did th front fogs and reversing lights....

If I can get a list of lights/lamps I can put them together as a kit, I have led festoon lamps and 501 map light lamps and I also have some led lamps for oval gen 6/caravelle step lights but don't know quantities required.
Do gen 6 have the luggage compartment lights inside the tailgate ?

Any ideas where in the manual I've gone through it a couple of times and can't find a thing, @Pauly it would be great if we could create a pack that others could order, when it's back I will take photos of every light I can find, might be better when it's darker

Swapping the interior (front and back) bulbs to cool white LED was the first thing I did on my gen 6.

They were 41mm festoon bulbs (from memory) I also changed the map reading lights to LED as well but cannot remember the fitting type.

They are all listed in the manual. The clips were a bit awkward - I will take a few photos once it goes dark :)

Any ideas where in the manual I've gone through it a couple of times and can't find a thing, @Pauly it would be great if we could create a pack that others could order, when it's back I will take photos of every light I can find, might be better when it's darker

I also did th front fogs and reversing lights....

I've got red led capless in the map reading lights, at night it gives a nice light which reduces eye strain from glare of oncoming hlights, and enables passenger to get money together for tolls abroad without disturbance...

Sorry - I forgot last night. Here are the pics..

IMG_3507.JPG IMG_3508.JPG

This is the map reading W5W bulb...

IMG_3505.JPG

Here is the new and old 41mm festoon bulb...

IMG_3506.JPG

Is that 4 festoon and 2 map lights in total ?
What about luggage compartment ?

Hi
Thanks for that @PenfoldE6 ! just bought and replace all my interior lights! That bring me to the floor lights which in my velle are off!I switched on the front lights like one would do during night so theoretically they should be on but they are off looks like are not connected???any ideas?Are there any bulbs at all?I cannot see any ?

20170715_104804.jpg

20170715_104823.jpg

They should come on when you open the door. All the interior lights are on a timer so they will turn off after a certain amount of time to save on battery. Have you tried locking it and opening it again? I think the clip is on the right hand site of those to check if they are connected up, maybe a fuse but i doubt they are fused separately....

Back