LED ceiling lights - White & Red - Touch

tommycj

VIP Member
I am looking for some LED ceiling lights which you can change between white and red.

Preferably they would also have a touch function

I have a single switch which turns on and off my ceiling lights, do you think it would be as simple as changing it for a three way switch?

Here is a photo of the switch and the led I currently have in there

IMG_4304.jpeg

LED is directional (current can only flow one way) so an option using the in place wiring is to put a DPDT switch to swap the polarities and wire a white and a red fitting back to back; an ON-OFF-ON would essentially become RED-OFF-WHITE

You can get individual LEDs like this:

A single fitting seems not to be thing even searching for marine lights where white and dim red is a common light style. Well not quite but these are shipped from Australia and are astoundingly expensive:

If you're willing to change a bit more you could get RGBW 12v LED strip and only connect the white and red lines (to ground through a 3 way SPDT ON-OFF-ON switch) and the +12v but then you need to get 3 core wiring in.

Some folks have used a short section of strip in an existing fitting. If you want to look at that remember that a 12v strip you can only cut every 3 LED, but there is an added complication with RGBW as some strips use all in one LED modules (cut every 3) and some use alternating RGB and White LED modules (cut every 6)

Which did you go for in the end?
Nothing yet. The LED's that @roadtripper mentioned could work, but they are very expensive!

I also found these, and want to see if I can fit them

Is anyone aware whether they could be fitted?

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 12.41.12.png

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 07.12.11.png

I also found these, and want to see if I can fit them

Is anyone aware whether they could be fitted?
They appear to be for a specific vehicle?

Not clear how they are switched between modes but the reviews seem to suggest it's a switch on the unit.

Also reviews mention the price is per unit, not per pair.

Back