Yet another interior & rear light failure

phillip a

Hi all, new bloke with a recently acquired converted 2016 T6 with interior & exterior lighting failures. I’m not a complete novice but no expert and found quite a lot of professional advice on this issue but am still struggling.

A week ago I blew the cargo light trying to prise the non LED bulb from its mounting within the door opening times. I shorted the connection and subsequently located the blown 7.5amp fuse with thanks to those on this forum. Having replaced it and carrying out the obvious (closing doors, lock, unlock etc,) the courtesy and rear lights failed to reappear. Again from this forum & now with a yellow ‘bulb failure’ on the dash, disconnected both batteries, held connections together to reset the BSM. This was carried out twice inc by the RAC chap who implied there was a 3rd bank of fuses above the passenger roof when the pilgrim spec panel van was original? As there’s now a Hilo roof there’s nowt there & all the obvious locations were checked by himself inc 12v leisure Distribution Board. Having pulled out the cargo light it was obvious that the cabling was non standard VAG, so after removing part of the headlining located the tie-in point into the original wiring (red/black trace, brown/red trace) which I believe links back to the connections behind the glove box & fuses under the gear stick? Have I fried the relay in the BCM?.. any advice would be appreciated!

IMG_0818.jpeg

IMG_0822.jpeg

Back