T6 Caravelle LED interior lights upgrade issue!!!

Rob2red

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all.

I've tried upgrading my interior lights for an LED kit from Travelin Lite. I've got them all in and we think they were working fine until...

We pulled the furthest rear ceiling light (with the turning switch) down to try and change the bulbs. I couldn't change those as the bulbs are slightly shorter so need to order some different ones. But when we fitted it back we had/have problems!!!

It's when we pulled this one off and refitted things went pee tong!..

All the lights work still in some form on some setting, but not as they should! The main rear interior lights also flicker when the engine is running if they're on.

Anybody had anything similar??? Please help!!!

IMG-20230203-WA0003.jpg

Sorry guys I know there's been lots of posts on this kind of thing but nothing quite helps me with this issue.

Please help guys!

@Pauly @Dellmassive Do you guys know anything about this issue, or know someone that might please???

Thank you, Rob

Have you refitted all original bulbs to check that the wiring is okay? If they work with the original bulbs then it's more than likely just bad LEDs.

I have read multiple reports of some simply not working as they should and flickering. I reckon they'll get you a new set sent out if you let them know about the issues.

Sounds like cheap LEDs to me or possibly one or more of them fitted backwards ?

I would revert to normal to get a baseline and start again from there ?

Have you refitted all original bulbs to check that the wiring is okay? If they work with the original bulbs then it's more than likely just bad LEDs.

I have read multiple reports of some simply not working as they should and flickering. I reckon they'll get you a new set sent out if you let them know about the issues.
They were all working okay before with the original bulbs. Yeah I'll try getting hold of them I think. Thanks @JiMsHaDY69

Sounds like cheap LEDs to me or possibly one or more of them fitted backwards ?
Maybe cheap LED's but do you reckon as they're from Travelin Lite I thought they were pretty reputable?!

They all work though at one point or another, just not as they should!

So the map/reading lights in the front are fine and working normally with the new LED bulbs in, no issues.

The rear interior lights were all working fine too yesterday before we touched that one with the circular switch as in the picture above today!

All we did was, prize the unit down, went to pull the old bulb out, but there was a spark! So we disconnected the unit, took the bulbs out but they were shorter bulbs than any in the kit so we put them back in, connected it back up and then everything in the rear was not working as they should. They all work at some stage but not as and when they should, and it all seems to depend on that back control switch. We took the bulbs back out of that but it's still playing up so put them back in.

Could it be that we blew a fuse when it sparked??? But surely the lights wouldn't work at all then though???

Thanks for your help @Pauly @JiMsHaDY69 ! :)

Last edited:
If some are working incorrectly according to the switch, could you have managed to plug the wiring plug back in the wrong way round?

Back