Camper van weight

My T6 T30 camper is 1400kg front and 1120kg rear. Rear kitchen, underslung 30l water tank, gas cylinders, fridge, sink, hob etc.

Our camper is about 2.3 tonnes unladen.
Personally I would go with the max weight, as you never know how laden you will be when you break down

Pete

Hi
I am looking at European breakdown cover and have been asked the weight of my vehicle just incase it needs to be towed / recovered. The van is a T6 with a pretty standard set up inside, sink, gas hob, fridge and rock n roll bed, does anybody have a rough idea on what it's weight would be???
Thanks
Andrew
What’s the base vehicle? t28/30/32?

My T28 has what I would regard as a bog standard side kitchen camper conversion and weighs in at 2.28 tonnes with a 3/4 full tank but without all the gear that gets taken on trips away or anybody on board. It’s been up-plated to carry an all up weight of 3 tonnes (and didn’t require any mods to get there!). We’re off on a long trip in a couple of weeks and I plan on getting it weighed fully laden before we set off. However that will probably be a bit too late for your purposes.

My T28 has what I would regard as a bog standard side kitchen camper conversion and weighs in at 2.28 tonnes with a 3/4 full tank but without all the gear that gets taken on trips away or anybody on board. It’s been up-plated to carry an all up weight of 3 tonnes (and didn’t require any mods to get there!). We’re off on a long trip in a couple of weeks and I plan on getting it weighed fully laden before we set off. However that will probably be a bit too late for your purposes.
How did you do that?

@ASW I’m sure the breakdown cover company need to know if it’s a T28/30/32 not the actual weight on any given day (assuming it’s within the max limit of the vehicle and not upgraded like Ayjays)

Reactions: CAB
The Motorhome forums recommend Van Weight Engineering (apparently on Facebook) or SVTech.

As far as I understand it, there is no mechanical difference between T28 and T30 (so max 2.8 or 3.0 tons) so uplating would be a paper exercise, if you have load rated tyres. The two companies listed above can provide the necessary service.

@cgtmiles. Mine was certified by SV Tech - as @CAB says there is apparently no mechanical difference between a T28 and T30 and in my case, I had also fitted a set of delivery mileage Devonports taken from a T30. I wrote about the process in a bit more detail when I had it done and I’ll see if I can find it and post a link later on.

@cgtmiles. Mine was certified by SV Tech - as @CAB says there is apparently no mechanical difference between a T28 and T30 and in my case, I had also fitted a set of delivery mileage Devonports taken from a T30. I wrote about the process in a bit more detail when I had it done and I’ll see if I can find it and post a link later on.
No bother I can search but thx

Apologies for diverting the thread :whistle:

No bother I can search but thx

Apologies for diverting the thread :whistle:
Barely a minor diversion compared to most threads!

Hi
I am looking at European breakdown cover and have been asked the weight of my vehicle just incase it needs to be towed / recovered. The van is a T6 with a pretty standard set up inside, sink, gas hob, fridge and rock n roll bed, does anybody have a rough idea on what it's weight would be???
Thanks
Andrew

@ASW , as others have stated, your weight for insurance and breakdown is your T designation, i.e. T28, T30 etc.

Your actual fully laden weight must be no more than that, hence the very sensible suggestion of checking your weight on a weighbridge :thumbsup:

Your actual fully laden weight must be no more than that, hence the very sensible suggestion of checking your weight on a weighbridge :thumbsup:
Sensible but quite scary as I think I know what the result will be when my camper is fully loaded for a trip! I’ve contacted SV tech now, thx for the info!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Sensible but quite scary as I think I know what the result will be when my camper is fully loaded for a trip! I’ve contacted SV tech now, thx for the info!
Same here t.b.h. Must find one near me. To be fair, Leisuredrive put all the certified weights of their converted vans into the owners manual.

Hi
Thanks for all the replies, I have had the van weighed today, it was 2300 Kg with 3/4 of a tank of diesel none of the usual camping equipment, awnings, bikes, food and family!!!

Further to the above, we stopped off at the weigh bridge on the way out of the village this morning. We had a full tank of diesel and were fully loaded with all the kit for three weeks away including Vango Kela and Kiravans Railsail awnings, table and chairs, sleeping kit, personal kit, the new Cadac, two bikes on the towbar rack etc. etc. etc. The all up weight is now 2.64 tonnes - add in the two humans and the total comes to about 2.78. Had we still been plated to T28 limits, I might have worried but as we've been up-plated to a T30 equivalent, I'm very happy particularly as it means we're able to load up with the full entitlement of duty free booze.

Last edited:
Back