Camper van weight

We have a T28 and a full conversion with full sound deadening but without a pop top.
Full tank of diesel
40 L of water
Two adults
Sun canopy, chairs, windbreak, clothes, food etc
2,500kg
Thank you, is that LWB? I wonder how heavy the pop top would be?

SWB. I think a pop top is around 65 kg but I would check on that

EDIT:
I’ve just checked the Remo one is 83 kg so I suppose some of them might be up to 100 kg if you include mattress or LWB

Last edited:
There are plenty of good converters out there, just as there are plenty of cowboys. The recent explosion in demand for campers has led to converters springing up on every street corner. You need to do your research before you part with any cash. Visit Busfest/motor home & caravan show etc and see what’s out there. If Camper King are the only ones you’ve looked at, it can only get better. It took us nearly 2 years of thorough research before we made a decision. Any good converters will have a long waiting list, expect at least 6-8 months, that’s if you can find a suitable base van.
After our research we went with Dirty Weekender in Worcester.
Thought as CamperKing have been going for years and the friends recommending them it would be OK!!! Also looked at campaway campers... Anyone heard of them?

I have a T28 SWB with a full conversion, with full sound deadening, early HiLo pop top, Cali bed on rails and both fresh + grey water tanks.
Full tank of diesel, no water and me, it weighs
2,400kg

I have a T28 SWB with a full conversion, with full sound deadening, early HiLo pop top, Cali bed on rails and both fresh + grey water tanks.

2,400kg
Is that loaded ready to go to a site? Eg food and all equipment?

How much equipment do you need to go camping?? May be different if you have two adult kids, massive tents and eight slabs of beer. In all reality, yes a T30 would give you a bit more peace of mind if you’ve got the money but if not a T 28 is adequate with a bit to spare.

How much equipment do you need to go camping?? May be different if you have two adult kids, massive tents and eight slabs of beer. In all reality, yes a T30 would give you a bit more peace of mind if you’ve got the money but if not a T 28 is adequate with a bit to spare.
That's brilliant mate thanks, it would be mainly the 2 of us plus a dog and a drive away awning. A friend is weighing his loaded camper for me, same model just SWB so I'll add about 80kg for the LWB. Worse case we'll get it uprated
Thanks again

Full tank of diesel, no water and me, it weighs 2400kg
@Salty Spuds how the hell does your empty but wet weight weigh 2940kg without even a driver?! Is that with The boat pressing down on the towbar?
Nope, that’s on a weighbridge, loaded & ready to go. I think a lot of people would be shocked if they actually put their van on a weighbridge instead of guessing.:whistle:
497361C2-7D89-4A07-AE9D-98FD2B1FEE96.jpeg

The forum might already have shown this up below, under similar threads?
Camper Conversion weight - just under 3.2T!

Suffice to say we had one VW dealer who was adamant a T28 would have been fine, and that's what they supplied to the converters locally. Right. Mind you, they also said it wasn't necessary to have LED headlights!

Our converters recommended the T32.

This morning i weighed my T30 LWB 6.1 came in at 2420kg thats with 1/4 tank fuel and a few pots n pans etc.
its a full conversion, Austops roof, rusty lee 2 seater RnR bed, kitchen unit plus all sound deadening etc, i was a bit surprised actually as i thought it would be much more, so when loaded i would guess i will be comfortably the right side of 3000kg.

I have just ordered a 4 motion and was thinking i should maybe get the T32 but here in NZ its a $3500 extra (1750quid) so i think i will stick with the T30 and spend the money on some aftermarket shocks for better daily use.

This morning i weighed my T30 LWB 6.1 came in at 2420kg thats with 1/4 tank fuel and a few pots n pans etc.
its a full conversion, Austops roof, rusty lee 2 seater RnR bed, kitchen unit plus all sound deadening etc, i was a bit surprised actually as i thought it would be much more, so when loaded i would guess i will be comfortably the right side of 3000kg.

I have just ordered a 4 motion and was thinking i should maybe get the T32 but here in NZ its a $3500 extra (1750quid) so i think i will stick with the T30 and spend the money on some aftermarket shocks for better daily use.
IIRC 4 motion adds around 150kg to the unladen weight, so that’s something to factor in.

Hi
I am looking at European breakdown cover and have been asked the weight of my vehicle just incase it needs to be towed / recovered. The van is a T6 with a pretty standard set up inside, sink, gas hob, fridge and rock n roll bed, does anybody have a rough idea on what it's weight would be???
Thanks
Andrew

Hi
I am looking at European breakdown cover and have been asked the weight of my vehicle just incase it needs to be towed / recovered. The van is a T6 with a pretty standard set up inside, sink, gas hob, fridge and rock n roll bed, does anybody have a rough idea on what it's weight would be???
Thanks
Andrew
My local scrap yard has a weighbridge and for a small fee I can drive any vehicle onto it and see what the gross weight is, you might try phoning a few local scrap yards and seeing if they'll let you drive on. I've used it a couple of times to make sure my two tonne trailer isn't over weight.
I think from memory I bunged the chap ten quid, cheapskate that I am, it's probably twenty now because of Brexit / Covid / Ukraine / climate change / monkey pox.

My local scrap yard has a weighbridge and for a small fee I can drive any vehicle onto it and see what the gross weight is, you might try phoning a few local scrap yards and seeing if they'll let you drive on. I've used it a couple of times to make sure my two tonne trailer isn't over weight.
I think from memory I bunged the chap ten quid, cheapskate that I am, it's probably twenty now because of Brexit / Covid / Ukraine / climate change / monkey pox.
You forgot gender fluidity!

Back