Camper van weight

I’ve just got my v5 back from dvla and they have updated the revenue weight to 3000 as per my amendment in the change details of section but I’ve just noticed the max permissible mass (F.1) is still showing as 2800. Is this right?

I’ve just got my v5 back from dvla and they have updated the revenue weight to 3000 as per my amendment in the change details of section but I’ve just noticed the max permissible mass (F.1) is still showing as 2800. Is this right?
Quick search on tinternet and it seems that they should have updated that field to and this is a common error so I’ll need to return again. Can someone please confirm this from your updated v5?

Also there seems to be a few threads on this subject that could be combined if any mods agree

Ok, just talked to SV Tech and they said that the revenue weight is the only weight that can be changed and the Max permissible mass stays the same for traceability so it seems I was panicking unnecessarily. But the google searches did bring up comments saying these should be aligned (although for motorhomes) so it would still be good to know what other people have.

Seeing as I'm spending money at the moment, I thought I would pop to our local weighbridge in sunny Willenhall. £12 bought me a ticket for my fully camperised T28 showing 2440kg including me sat in it. The wife weighs a couple of bags of sugar and wine for busfest may take it close to 2800, perhaps I should look into SV Tech. Anyone an idea what they charge?
Ticket displayed lovingly on my new in-tray...

20230818_155922.jpg

I've gotta take the Jormax out of that allowance! And the flagpole and super stake. Oh and fancy dress clobber etc

Seeing as I'm spending money at the moment, I thought I would pop to our local weighbridge in sunny Willenhall. £12 bought me a ticket for my fully camperised T28 showing 2440kg including me sat in it. The wife weighs a couple of bags of sugar and wine for busfest may take it close to 2800, perhaps I should look into SV Tech. Anyone an idea what they charge?
Ticket displayed lovingly on my new in-tray...

View attachment 210074
About 260+vat when I did it. If doing it again I’d push for 3200 (or even 3300!) as someone else did as currently loading up for a week away and still worried about going over the now 3000 limit!

@Drive Wayne IIRC, I paid £250 at the Malvern Show in 2020 but that price was supposedly a 'show special, cash only' job. Inflation, Brexit and all the other flimsy excuses will probably have pushed that up a bit by now though, I think SV Tech are regular attendees at the Malvern show at least (I see your not a million miles away) and I think there's one coming up soon.
PS. That was to 3000Kg which is enough for me (unless I go bonkers with the wine buying).

Last edited:
@Drive Wayne IIRC, I paid £250 at the Malvern Show in 2020 but that price was supposedly a 'show special, cash only' job. Inflation, Brexit and all the other flimsy excuses will probably have pushed that up a bit by now though, I think SV Tech are regular attendees at the Malvern show at least (I see your not a million miles away) and I think there's one coming up soon.
PS. That was to 3000Kg which is enough for me (unless I go bonkers with the wine buying).
I went to the Malvern show a few weeks ago, (great day out!)

I wonder if they will be at Busfest?

I went to the Malvern show a few weeks ago, (great day out!)
Malvern has potentially the best Indian restaurant I have ever been to. Look up the Anupam restaurant next time you're there. I'm Worcester born and bred, Malvern was a great days walking and evening in the Anupam!

Malvern has potentially the best Indian restaurant I have ever been to. Look up the Anupam restaurant next time you're there. I'm Worcester born and bred, Malvern was a great days walking and evening in the Anupam!
I'll try it next time I'm down there, probably next year's Malvern show!

We drink wine from a box if we can find it in the stores. Easy to store and saves space (not storing 3xbottles). If your worried about who see's it fill your glass inside the van before sitting outside....................... Personally I could not give a s1ht who see it.

Back